SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted: 32" Precision (or similar)

Recently scratched the 32" itch, and I liked it. 

I'd love a 32" Precision but I'd probably consider a PJ or J.

Whats out there? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 132
    I think someone on Basschat has one for sale, worth checking out the classifieds but go back a few pages: https://www.basschat.co.uk/forum/18-basschat-marketplace/
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24165
    I bet Ishibashi will have some.

32 scales are really popular in Japan.
    They are very experienced in shipping internationally.
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    If forced at gunpoint into J-land, maybe an Aerodyne?

BG have one at the mo. I'm not saying this is the right money, mind. 

https://reverb.com/item/38931622-fender-mij-aerodyne-jazz-bass
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14404
    The Fender Stu Hamm signature bass was a 32" scale. Furthermore, the version that I remember had three pickups - one P between two J types.

Harley-Benton and Gear4Music may have something suitable for modest money. These can then be upgraded as necessary.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • skitzigolskitzigol Frets: 12
    I had a little play on an Aerodyne AJB-M (medium scale) and it was very, very nice. Lightweight and contoured... thin neck... and very easy to play. I'd love to pick one up, but £1,000+ is too much in my opinion. The Retrovibe basses have a certain garage-rock charm to them, though I haven't played one. Not so keen on the looks of the Mezzo though. I currently use a Westone Concord medium scale that I picked up on here a few years ago for a bargain. It has that P-bass tone nailed and I love the maple fretboard. It came with a high action, but I didn't fancy messing with the truss-rod to much and so it stays as is. The prices on these have gone up considerably, but worth picking one up if you can find one for under £200 I would say.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11444
    edited March 2021
    I'm not selling mine at the moment, but I've got an 80s E Series Squier (Japan) 32" P Bass.  They are rare in this country, but do exist.  There will be more in Japan if you are willing to import.  They made them under both the Squier and Fender names.

If you have the money, this guy might be worth a look:

Or import a Marusczyk (have I spelled that right?)