NAGD - Alvarez Artist Series AP70W

Eviltwin14Eviltwin14 Frets: 98
edited March 2021 in Acoustics
Hello all
Picked up a new squeeze today. As per the title Its an Alvarez AP70W

I wanted a small acoustic that was easier to pick up and learn fingerstyle with. I have an ok Dreadnought but it's just not so comfortable to noodle with and was giving me back ache. Therefore I started  researching guitar sizes and have emerged from that rabbit hole with this one.

I liked the idea of parlour size but everyone I saw looked a bit toy like. Considered Yamaha CSF range, PRS SE20 and lots of other brands but finally landed on this one. Decision informed by the fact that its more of an OO than a parlour I think, has a decent spec in terms of construction materials and finishing gear and importantly it wasn't too expensive. Got it from GuitarGuitar and it came with a free Tourtech softcase which might be useful. Haven't had a chance to play much yet but it looks well appointed and sounds more resonant and louder than I expected.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AqmltdAqmltd Frets: 16
    Looks smashing m8. Hope you have lots of fun with it
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    Good choice. I've got one identical. I fancied the idea of a parlour and started originally looking at the Faith Mercury, I started a thread on here about them some time back. The nut width put me off a bit being 43mm apart from the classic burst which is 45mm. I've never played a parlour guitar before being used to dreadnought and jumbos and not being able to try one anywhere in lockdown didn't fancy paying out seven or eight hundred quid for a new classic burst. Saw the AP70 s/h and decided to give it a try. It could do with fret markers on the fretboard though.  
  • TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 240
    edited March 2021
    Looks lovely. Can you let us have a sound sample whenever you can. I'm interested in a 12 fretter and I like the sound of mahogany. If this was anything like, it would be a steal.

Teach me to look on the web before writing. Found the

Alvarez Artist Series AP66SHB

Bit more expensive but that's OK. I'm gonna take a look the afternoon and see what's out there.

• DavidRDavidR Frets: 735
    That looks nice. Have you played it in enough to give us a review yet? Have you tried fingerpicks on it? I've always liked the look of Alvarez guitars and the alternative they give us of the usual US/Asian choice.