Gibson g45 thoughts

What's Hot
been looking at these and they look and sound pretty good for the buck, having just sold a j45 because of the dreaded b string buzz, which most j45s I have played have, I was wondering if anyone can throw some light on this model.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Really like them, especially the studio model with the walnut fretboard 
    They sound nothing like a J but they are lightweight and have a particularly snappy bass as I remember. Real fun to play 
  • SoreeyesSoreeyes Frets: 2
    Hi, yes liking the studio over the standard, miss having a Gibson in the fold, but that high end fizz on the the j45s do my head in.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4066
    Look out for an Eastman ES10/20 SS instead, lovely J-types at tremendous prices - and no b-string buzz!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 730
    tFB Trader
    @Soreeyes The G45 is a "budget" USA build so they do cut corners a little. We just sold a brand new one which came in as a PX last week - nice guitar but quite plain. As @guitargeek62 has highlighted - an Eastman E20SS would be worth a look... I have stock if you fancy one. DM me
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Soreeyes said:
    been looking at these and they look and sound pretty good for the buck, having just sold a j45 because of the dreaded b string buzz, which most j45s I have played have, I was wondering if anyone can throw some light on this model.
    Interesting, I've never heard that before - any more details?
  • tomjaxtomjax Frets: 72
    I've had a beautiful J45 for years and didn't know this was a Gibson thing. Is it a common problem? 
  • SoreeyesSoreeyes Frets: 2
    tomjax said:
    I've had a beautiful J45 for years and didn't know this was a Gibson thing. Is it a common problem? 
    can't say its common, just the ones I played and owned, like a high fizz, when recording it to my ears it was noticeable, or maybe that was my tinnitus.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom