Late Night Lessons - any fans?

What's Hot
newi123newi123 Frets: 850
Recently found the Late Night Lessons channel on YT.

The guy writes for Guitar Player, and has the perfect balance of a great player but also interesting to watch.

Very much playing focused rather than equipment or tone related (which is good!), and covers some really interesting guitar players.

I'm loving it!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Cat's content is stellar. There have been other threads on him here, I've a huge backlog of stuff I mean to learn from him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    Yeah he's very cool and a regular watch for me. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Yup, love his work. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Excellent player and great teacher, I like his pacing and approach, particularly the Schenker lead line stuff he's done, but it's all great.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4085
    He is very good 
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 850
    edited April 2021
    clarkefan said:
    Excellent player and great teacher, I like his pacing and approach, particularly the Schenker lead line stuff he's done, but it's all great.
    Not watched that yet - really must.

Best gig I ever saw was schenker in our local small Swindon venue holding 200 ish in the late 2000s. It was the year after he'd had fairly severe issues, and went back to roots venues - guess nowhere else would book him

He was back on top form and absolutely epic. V, Marshall, tiny pedal board and a 2hr masterclass up close on how to play rock guitar. Happy times!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • New to me. Thanks for the heads up and will check him out.
  • midiman1962midiman1962 Frets: 100
    newi123 said:
    clarkefan said:

Best gig I ever saw was schenker in our local small Swindon venue holding 200 ish in the late 2000s. It was the year after he'd had fairly sever issues, and went back to roots venues - guess nowhere else would book him

He was back on top form and absolutely epic. V, Marshall, tiny pedal board and a 2hr masterclass up close on how to play rock guitar. Happy times!
    Shenker has been up and down over the years. Saw the last tour with the three singers and he played solo after solo for about 2 hours though unsurprisingly at the end completely forgot one. The Budokan album is an immense piece of work even nearly 40 years on 
  • I really like this channel. He's so understated but such a great player. His timing is amazing and he has a real enthusiasm for lots of music. I watch religiously even when it's an artist I don't know. He does his research and prepares well for his sessions. Really genuine guy it seems.
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    Thanks for the tip. Just watched a bit of the vibrato lesson and subscribed. 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11497
    tFB Trader
    Another like for Dave Brewster and late night lessons . 
    He is very chilled and has a good style like a cool friend showing you some stuff

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• exocetexocet Frets: 1948
    newi123 said:
    clarkefan said:

Best gig I ever saw was schenker in our local small Swindon venue holding 200 ish in the late 2000s. It was the year after he'd had fairly sever issues, and went back to roots venues - guess nowhere else would book him

Shenker has been up and down over the years. Saw the last tour with the three singers and he played solo after solo for about 2 hours though unsurprisingly at the end completely forgot one. The Budokan album is an immense piece of work even nearly 40 years on 
    On another recent thread on "best use of Wah" I was going to suggest Corvoisier Concerto from Budokan album as a prime contender. That album completely blew me away when it first came out.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    exocet said:
    newi123 said:
    clarkefan said:

On another recent thread on "best use of Wah" I was going to suggest Corvoisier Concerto from Budokan album as a prime contender. That album completely blew me away when it first came out.
    Saw him in Dublin in 1986 and London in 2013, he dipped in the (late) middle but he was on it big time in the two gigs I was at.  Both gigs plenty loud and it didn't hurt next day, old school, Marshall and V :)  In my head he's a bit like Rory, his live stuff is the stuff to listen to :)
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1054
    Thanks for the heads up on this channel.