SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Hamstead 60+RT Combo in Cream

Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
edited March 2022 in Amps £
Never thought I'd see the day where I move this incredible amplifier on. But truth be told, it's just not getting used.

I wouldn't dream of gigging with it unless we do a nice festival where punters can't spill beer on it, and I've found that I've been recording more and more with my HX stomp to save the faff of micing up.

I also need to get an amp with more gain available to save on taking such a big board out for gigs. Now they're back on the horizon, I've decided to let this go to pastures new.

It's a fabulous amp, plenty of online glowing praise if you search on youtube. Perfect pedal platform, headroom galore too. Switchable down to 20w or 7w. 

In great condition, has been used in band practice, but never gigged. Will give it a wipe so it's wonderfully clean. Have the original packaging, I bought this new from Andertons. They're now £2649 new.

Asking £1900 delivered mainland UK. Reduced to £1850 shipped mainland UK, or trade for decent Les Paul with nice PAF's.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Josh_CoskuJosh_Cosku Frets: 148
    Cool amp! I only played once 20RT and I am GAS'ing after that day. How loud is nice "starting to break up" tones? or is it always very clean?
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    I haven't managed to get it to beak up at 60w, have always relied on pedals for gain with this amp though, but it breaks up nicely stepping down to 20w.

I'll have a gander later at where it starts to go and report back.
    Hey @Josh_Cosku ;;

So I played around with a variety of settings last night. As it's a master volume amp, even at 60w if going through the High input with the high gain switch on the back, you can adjust the gain to get edge of break up at reasonable volumes. I was getting nice gainy sounds even at 90db.

You can add up to 3.5db of boost too with the voice switch.
  • Josh_CoskuJosh_Cosku Frets: 148
    Vintage-T said:
    Hey @Josh_Cosku ;;

So I played around with a variety of settings last night. As it's a master volume amp, even at 60w if going through the High input with the high gain switch on the back, you can adjust the gain to get edge of break up at reasonable volumes. I was getting nice gainy sounds even at 90db.

You can add up to 3.5db of boost too with the voice switch.
    Thank you very much this is very helpful. 

Bump
    Bump...may entertain a trade/cash combo deal for any of the following

JCM800 2203
    Orange Rockerverb 50/100 mkiii
    Mesa Mk V or Dual/Triple rectifier

Based in Cornwall so either in reasonable travelling/meeting halfway distance, or courier jobbies!

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6597
    Would you like to trade down to an Artist 20+RT?

I love my Hamstead but really need more headroom rather than you, needing less! 
    merlin said:
    Would you like to trade down to an Artist 20+RT?

I love my Hamstead but really need more headroom rather than you, needing less! 
    Thanks, but no thanks. I'm on the fence at the mo about letting it go. Have enough now for the RV50 so will probably keep this...it's a divine amp.
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 443
    Superb amp. I have an Artist 20 Mk2 R+T and it's so, so good. 
  • Had decided against selling this, but have now decided I might need another Les Paul so back up for sale, price drop to £1850 delivered mainland UK or will listen to trades against a Les Paul 59 with some nice PAF's installed.
  • Bump
    One last price drop to £1750 shipped mainland UK.