Acoustic recommendations

What's Hot
randersonranderson Frets: 187
edited May 2021 in Acoustics
Can anyone recommend a good recording acoustic guitar in the £500 price range? New  or old. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 5268
    A bit more information is required. What sort of sound? What sort of playing preferences do you have re scale length, neck width, and the like? Otherwise you'll just get pointless answers like "You should get a BrandX because I have a BrandX and BrandX is the best".

In that price range, I think you'll be looking to go second-hand, but this is not a good time for that. Very much a sellers' market. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    You might want to move this to the acoustic section.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Rocky1991Rocky1991 Frets: 314
    Not an expert, but I would look at the shape you like in the Faith range. All solid. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randersonranderson Frets: 187
    Tannin said:
    A bit more information is required. What sort of sound? What sort of playing preferences do you have re scale length, neck width, and the like? Otherwise you'll just get pointless answers like "You should get a BrandX because I have a BrandX and BrandX is the best".

In that price range, I think you'll be looking to go second-hand, but this is not a good time for that. Very much a sellers' market. 
    Just something for recording fingerstyle and  straight rhythm stuff. I have a great old  Taylor jumbo but I need to free up some funds so I'm thinking of selling and  downgrading a bit. Don't necessarily need a jumbo  just something for studio though..
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Guild westerley should be c£500 used for the higher end ones, love mine, all solid, bone nut and saddle decent all rounder I would say.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    I'd say buy used and get a proper acoustic (no cutaway, no on-board electronics)

Assuming you are recording with a microphone that is
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 681
    edited June 2021
    If you like the acoustic recording here:

then the 80s Fender used on it is for sale here and you'll get plenty of change from £500!

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/205819/feeler-fs-ft-everything#latest

(To be clear, although the blue one is seen in the video, the track I'm miming to was recorded with the big old 80s Fender).
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 491
    I picked up a Yamaha ll16are last week, but if a cleanup and fret dress and it’s fantastic.
  • wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 255
    Look out for an old Takamine, something like an AN45 or 46, should be within budget.