SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Anyone want to Jam in Leicester

Hi 

Just trying to organise a jam night. If anyone is up for it

Will hopefully be in a rehearsal room in LE2 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    Yep I would be. I can drum and sing abit as well as guitar if needed. There’s been a few fretboard jams at quad studios in the past. What sort of stuff would you want to play?

@idiotwind
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    What about a full day at Quad? With a pre-agreed song list we could get through different musical styles.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Roland said:
    What about a full day at Quad? With a pre-agreed song list we could get through different musical styles.
    Can do. The one in LE2 is still central and seems like a nice place. So was thinking of trying it 

But open to places. I will be honest and say I've never been a huge fan of Quad but the place doesn't really matter to me really.

What songs are you thinking of

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• mrkb said:
    Yep I would be. I can drum and sing abit as well as guitar if needed. There’s been a few fretboard jams at quad studios in the past. What sort of stuff would you want to play?

@idiotwind
    Anything really, open to ideas on songs or jams 

I play in a pysch indie band so would be good to expand into different styles 

• idiotwindidiotwind Frets: 387
    I'm in NW Leics so could be interested in this
    edited June 2021

Best thing is to find out who wants to come, and ask them. I’d suggest talking to people who’ve organised previous sessions, eg https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/112251/fretboard-jam-north-edition-sasquatch-studios-huddersfield-27th-january-2018-song-list-up

From a personal perspective, outside of lockdown I play with others regularly. If I’m free I’ll turn up on the day to meet people, but wouldn’t want to take a playing slot from someone who doesn’t get to play out as regularly. 
  • mrkb said:

@idiotwind
    Open to suggestions. I like a bit of everything really

• idiotwind said:
    I'm in NW Leics so could be interested in this
    Excellent. I posted on the Clarendon park road page on FB so have a few interested there as well.

• Roland said:

Best thing is to find out who wants to come, and ask them. I’d suggest talking to people who’ve organised previous sessions, eg https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/112251/fretboard-jam-north-edition-sasquatch-studios-huddersfield-27th-january-2018-song-list-up

From a personal perspective, outside of lockdown I play with others regularly. If I’m free I’ll turn up on the day to meet people, but wouldn’t want to take a playing slot from someone who doesn’t get to play out as regularly. 
    That's a good link and a good read. I was probably looking at something lower key. Less about gear more about playing I think. 

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Keep us posted,..Ive done a couple of Jam days at Quad...room sizes seem ok and parking is ok.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Will do. Need drums and bass. 

• ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Late to the party, but would be interested.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4700
    Same here, can play drums too if needed (bit rusty but as long as you're not expecting Dave Lombardo all is well :) ), 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    Mark me down as interested. Can bring a few amps as well. (Ceriatones 1987, OTS and DZ30)
    I can bring AxeFX stuff.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    Probably worth pointing out that the reality of the Sasquatch jams ended up being almost nothing about gear - certainly in terms of "show and tell". Obviously everyone brought stuff, and if some of it was interesting people spent a bit of time poking it, but as there were multiple rooms it was mostly a mix of:

- playing the agreed songs in the main room
    - quick run-throughs and free-form jams in the spare rooms
    - hanging around and talking bollocks when not playing

Which has been the format for most of the jams I've been to when connected with tFB in some way :)