SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: Tone Tubby Red 12" 8ohm Alnico Speaker

What's Hot
tomajohatomajoha Frets: 897
edited July 2021 in Amps £
Great speaker that sounds lovely, I just want to lighten up the amp a bit with a less weighty speaker

Good condition small impression on magnet/bell cover

£180 £170 plus shipping or collection from North Yorkshire

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tomajohatomajoha Frets: 897
    Pic added
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2797
    Slight diversion, so ignore if unhelpful to the sale, but what's the Gold like Tom, do you like it?
    no worries @thebreeze. Golds are ace speakers if you havent tried one youre missing out, kind of like a tweaked Blue with more headroom.
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2797
    Thank you, that's good to know.  I'm about to try some out (10" inch though).  Not cheap so expectations are high!
  • thebreeze said:
    Thank you, that's good to know.  I'm about to try some out (10" inch though).  Not cheap so expectations are high!
    I absolutely love those 10” Golds! They are brilliant sounding speakers iMHO
    thebreeze said:
    I absolutely love those 10” Golds! They are brilliant sounding speakers iMHO
    What he said ;)

Obviously give them chance to bed in, although they sound better out of the box than a Blue, like all speakers things only get better with some play - happy day ahead, enjoy!
  • eatapeacheatapeach Frets: 110
    back on topic  =)  Those tone tubby spkrs are excellent in any size - I have some of these red ones, a couple of the green ceramic ones and some in 10".  they will handle anything without ever sounding harsh

GLWTS
    Contrary to public opinion I'm near Manchester and Huddersfield and not near the M20!
    Thanks @eatapeach I think I’m gonna leave them in (the pro reverb) and try them at rehearsal at the weekend, they sound great at low volumes so I should probably just beef up a bit!  Another interesting experiment would be to fit them to the closed back cab of my old blackface bassman, I think they might sound a bit special with that amp and the head cab format means its inherently more liftable!

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    I had a Tone Tubby cab with what they call 'The H Bomb Combo'. This is comprised of the Red (Alnico) and the Green (Ceramic) and they were a fantastic pairing.

I have to say @tomajoha, I have been eyeing this up and thinking this would sound fabulous in my Deluxe Reverb.

If you're unsure, do nowt as these are expensive and not easy to come by in the UK and they sound fantastic!
    Thanks @Kebabkid the advice is appreciated.

I have it to say an H bomb combo sounds all kinds of fun!
  • eatapeacheatapeach Frets: 110
    tomajoha said:
    Thanks @Kebabkid the advice is appreciated.

I have it to say an H bomb combo sounds all kinds of fun!
    I've got that in a 70 Super reverb.  10s.  just fantastic.

If you think the Pro is heavy.....ahem!

Kebabkid is right - IMO these are right at the top of the tree and you would struggle at that money to replace it with a better speaker
    Contrary to public opinion I'm near Manchester and Huddersfield and not near the M20!
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2215
    From memory the TT reds are 10 lbs, don't think you can go much lighter without going neo.the neo vintage is a great speaker, fixes the v30 problems and lighter. 

The break in time on the TTs are crazy.  The speaker does get brighter. I've got two in a 2x12 open and theile cab.

I did pair one with an ev12m for a while. That was heavy.

And lastly I bought a gold 12 last year. Very bright speaker out of the box.

This speaker public service was brought to you by someone with too many amps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks @slacker, I know the problem !
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    Nice speakers these - the rolled off top end works really nicely with overly bright amps and they've got a beautiful bass / lower mid response too.  Really nice for those small 1x12 boutique combos that seemingly always get fitted with a V30.  The Tone Tubby sorts out the nasty top end and fills out the lack of bass that the small cabinets produce.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom