Great service from Taylor

I bought a Taylor 710e back in December from my local shop. It's a really incredible guitar but there was a nasty buzz on the B string which I posted about here https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/196247/

It went off to Taylor, via the shop, for them to look at and it's come back all fixed. They didn't leave a note in the case to say what they did so I emailed the guy in Netherlands I'd been emailing and found out what they did. Their reply said:

The issue was caused by poor setup that created rattling noises from inside the body.
The work done was the following:
- Reset neck
- Truss rod adjustment
- Cut nut
 - Smoothed saddle
- Replaced preamp (old preamp had loose cap rings)
- Replaced pickup
- Glued parts on power supply
- Modded battery cartridge
- Replaced battery
- Tightened cables inside body (extra wire clip)
- Tightened standoff around pots
- Clean and restring with medium strings.

Really impressed with the amount of work they did - never thought they'd replace the pickup etc too. I really am impressed!
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    Me too - but rather worried about how much was wrong with it, I have to say.

I have not been impressed at all with Taylor electrics, especially the first-generation Expression System - very prone to issues and completely incompatible with any other system so you're more or less stuck with it. The new ones are thankfully better... hopefully it will be OK now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BingManBingMan Frets: 35
    it's great they fixed it up... but I wouldn't be all that impressed with them given they let it leave the factory like that to begin with! I mean a lot of that stuff is minor... but a neck reset?!  :o
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9592
    A neck reset on a Taylor is just unscrewing a bolt and replacing a shim. But yes, that and the nut/saddle should have been sorted already.
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    It was a discontinued model so had been left unsold for a couple of years so I doubt it left the factory that way. Fortunately it's now fab and I'm so impressed with it
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    I've had great service from Taylor too.

Bought a 12string, and it arrived in a gig bag that was a touch too small.  Emailed Taylor asking whether that was correct, or whether they had a bigger gig bag for 12strings.  

Bigger gig bag just arrived, all FoC.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.