SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold pending - Fano SP6 Alt de Facto (£2149)

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
edited August 2021 in Guitars £
Short version. GAS attack forces sale.

It's thankfully a shorter ad than usual, as I'm a little preoccupied this evening - I won't go into too much detail, but I would strongly recommend that if you decide to eat a whole box of sugar-free butterscotch sweets in one go, then read the label carefully to make sure that it doesn't say 'excessive consumption may cause laxative effect'.

Back in a minute.

Right, these two. The Collings, first of all - here's Mike's ad which gives all the sensible stuff, like, you know... details.

I did a little deal with Mike for this and my old Tone King Imperial II, so I'm advertising this for a little more than I ended up paying for it, because I advertised the TK for less than I paid and if I sell it, it will be for less. This is just for the sake of transparency and being a good egg, although I don't really feel like mentioning eggs at the moment. If I DO make any money on it (which is a completely alien concept anyway)  then I want to make a donation to Oakfield Old Dog's Home near Shrewsbury. It looks to be a great price anyway, looking around the marketplace.

Back in a minute.

It's a fabulous guitar, and one that 'my' tech, (the 'Mr Norton who adds a nought on') says that it's my best guitar. Mind you. he's in an Iron Maiden tribute band, so is possibly deaf, although I wouldn't argue with him on this one.  I've heard it said that Collings guitars are 'too perfect', which apparently is a bad thing. I think it's a good thing.

It's a fantastic guitar - the Lollar P90s are fat sounding and meaty (I've got to stop mentioning food), the neck is lovely, the build quality is top notch, everything about it is quality. Even the case is a work of art. 'So why are you selling it, you greedy old git that doesn't read the label on boxes of sweets?', I hear you cry.

Two things - more GAS. At the moment, literally, but you don't want to know that. I have something that I crave. Other than Gaviscon, I mean. Then there's something else - before I bought this, I bought a brand new Fano Alt de Facto SP6, which is LP-based, has a Lollar P90 in the neck and is also wonderful. I can't bring myself to lose hundreds of pounds by selling it, so it's the Collings for sale.  Probably.

Asking £2200 for this.

Back in a minute.

Now, the Jazzmaster. I think it's lovely - an American Special, one of a 500 run worldwide across four colours in 2016 - part of their Magnificent Seven run. I'm not much of an expert on Fenders - in fact, on anything - so please feel free to correct me on any mistake. Besides, I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment. This one's had a Mastery bridge upgrade, it has the Bigsby licensed B50 wobble pole, locking tuna fish, the original case and is in great condition.

Alder body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 9.5 radius, American Vintage '65 pickups, simplified switching, is fully setup and ready to rock. Can you tell that I've copied that bit from another ad? It's better than mine, to be fair.

I don't know how to price this - I've gone on what I've paid and what's on sale at the moment - there's one at £1500 in the UK, and a couple in the USA for about £1500-£1600 posted (plus taxes when they get here). I don't know though - if it's too much, that's fine - let me know via PM -  as I'm not trying to overcharge. Of course, anything less than £1499 will mean me making a loss. Again. Clown emoji needed, please. Again.

I've just bought a very nice Eastman Romeo LA and that has a couple of P90's, the wobble pole, and the scale length suits me better as I'm slightly on the short side with arms tending towards the simian in proportion., so I can let this go. Probably not an appropriate phrase given the day's events.

So - start at £1499 and work from there. If it's optimistic, then I'm happy to be realistic. But be nice. I'm not a well man.

Edit: No, no - £1299. Is that better?

Back in a minute  - my stomach sounds like two frogs having a shouting competition.

So, my usual mantra is that I don't want to post it, but I'll travel, and all that stuff. I hate PayPal, but I do like bank transfers. I don't really want a p/ex, but I'll always listen to interesting stuff, which defeats the object of raising money of course. I've worked out that (apart from north of Glasgow/Edinburgh) the only areas that I haven't delivered guitars to on the mainland are Dorset (although I did go there to look at a Japanese Epiphone, which turned out to be horrible) and Cornwall. That means that I'm happy to drive and deliver it, or to meet up. I have a comprehensive list of dogging sites, laybys, deserted parks, public conveniences, dimly-lit car parks and lonely woodland clearings that are bound to please even the most committed pervert  guitar enthusiast. Feel free to drop me a PM though, and I'm always happy to ramble, as you might have worked out.

I've probably missed loads of stuff out, because I'm a bit preoccupied with the frog chorus taking place internally as we speak. On a positive note though, I seem to have stopped biting my nails today.

I've just realised - it wasn't a shorter ad than usual. Sorry about that.

A few pics - you won't be surprised to know that I have more that I can bore you with.

Back in a minute.

Call me Dave.
2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That Collings is a work of art. Just wondering if I can sneak it in and past the Mrs without her noticing... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Of course you can.  Chloroform helps in these instances, so I've found been told.
    Call me Dave.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    You are wasted on this forum, @DB1 !
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Hattigol said:
    You are wasted

Give it half an hour. :)
    Call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hahah!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Dammit I'm tempted to buy the Collings back!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    MtB said:
    Dammit I'm tempted to buy the Collings back!
    And who could blame you? I've said before that you're a man of rare taste and distinction. Well, I've thought it at least. :)

Call me Dave.
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Now I KNOW you're lying!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Damn. Caught out. =)
    Call me Dave.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    I should add that I have played both of these guitars and they are fabulous. 

As the man says, the Collings is just perfect. A work of art. If Rolls Royce made guitars, they'd be something like this.

Equally, the Jazzmaster is a fantastic thing and if I wasn't already sorted for offsets, I'd be offering up cash and numerous bags of butterscotch for it myself...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Haz478Haz478 Frets: 64
    I love these adds, always make me laugh. Fantastic looking guitars as always! I don’t know what you do for a living, but it should be advertising. I can imagine the new Dior or Channel advert sounding rather different
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    That Collings is drool worthy, always loved the 290 in TV yellow. 
    Haz478 said:
    I love these adds, always make me laugh. Fantastic looking guitars as always! I don’t know what you do for a living, but it should be advertising. I can imagine the new Dior or Channel advert sounding rather different

Ha, thanks! I'm currently supposed to be writing some text for a new email design and delivery service that our business offers, but I can't think of anything to say. I've read the draft back and it's really tedious.

it appears that the only things that I can write about with any enthusiasm are guitars, deadly cats, flatulence, sanitary wear, dogging areas and public conveniences.

Still, I've made a lot of new friends. :o
    Call me Dave.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That Collings is drool worthy, always loved the 290 in TV yellow. 

@danishbacon - thanks Fred, I know it's a 'for sale' ad (well, it sort of veered off a bit and majored on my digestive discomfort) and I'm supposed to agree, but I do agree anyway. TV Yellow is 'the' colour for them in my humble opinion, much as Cadillac Green is 'the' colour for a Gretsch Country Club.
    Call me Dave.
    And following the flood of literally no enquiries for the lovely Jazzmaster, I reckon that I might shave a bit off the price in case I've got it a bit wrong - so £1299 to you sir. Or madam.
    Call me Dave.
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 714
    Sod it. Collings please. Chat later mate! 
    Pleasure, Bruce - and a pack of Reward sticks for Monty will be included.
    Call me Dave.
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 714
    DB1 said:
    Pleasure, Bruce - and a pack of Reward sticks for Monty will be included.
    oh great, now everyone knows my Gigolo name.....
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    brucegill said:
    Sod it. Collings please. Chat later mate! 
    Nice score Bruce ! Great guitar.
    That would be 'Monty' and not 'Reward Stick', I'm hoping.  :o
    Call me Dave.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom