475 days

What's Hot
GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
Or...
1 year, 3 months, and 17 days since our last gig on 14 March 2020 just before lockdown #1.
Tonight will be our first rehearsal, and indeed our first get together since then. 
What a f*cking year+ it has been.
I've just gone through the material for tonight. 
Let's see...
E, A, B, chords?  Check
Minor pentatonic position #1?  Check
I'm sorted.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3663
    Good luck... you’ll love it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    Grunfeld said:

E, A, B, chords?  Check
    Minor pentatonic position #1?  Check

Show off.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1368
    Been back doing rehearsals for several weeks now. Dared to start singing some backing vocals for the first time in my life two weeks ago. All being well, looking forward to doing two sets at a small festival in mid August.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31523
    We've been rehearsing for a few weeks as we still have a load of wedding bookings for this summer, though I suspect we'll be returning even more deposits soon. 

It's not looking too good in Wales, it really doesn't look like they have any intention of making indoor live music legal at all this year. 

We have one outdoor gig booked in August, but the organisation sounds like a bloody shambles so we'll probably have to pull out of that too. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10398

I haven't played live (except streaming gigs) since Feb 2020, the longest gap between gigs since I was in my teens. My first gigs a corporate thing in August, then got a couple of weddings and then 12 theatres gigs all over the country across Sep and Oct
    Anything could happen though, I wouldn't be surprised if it all got cancelled. 

Playing wise I feel batter than ever. I've been practicing like a loon, learning new tricks and applying more advanced theory to my cliched solos. 
    Equipment wise though I'm expecting some problems. The exhaust on the band van split in half in protest of not being used, MOT has run out and all the PA and backline haven't been used since Feb 2020. 

Don't know if it's a covid thing, getting old or the fact I haven't used IEM's for a long time but my ears are all blocked so need to get that sorted as well. 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    p90fool said:

It's not looking too good in Wales, it really doesn't look like they have any intention of making indoor live music legal at all this year. 

They know I bring my guitar to Llanbister and they're not taking any chances.  Sorry about that. ;)

Actually, in truth last night's rehearsal was pretty good.  There was even a moment or two when it was fun.
    Without getting too philosophical or mumsnet:  even though I'm quite self-contained I'm still not cut out to be a total hermit.  Yet that's what it has nearly been like since March 2020 (patients, clients, and co-workers don't count because they only see a brief, contextualised version of me which doesn't swear, muck about, and works; doesn't play).  Therefore noticing the self which has fun playing, was interesting -- I hadn't realised the fun had gone.  Blinding statement of the obvious:  to have social fun you need people.

@Danny1969 -- there was a moment last night when I had to think how to actually set my gear up it's been that long.  Covid has definitely bollocksed my ears (and taste buds) cos I noticed my perception of tinnitus went up significantly after catching it.  I also picked up more than a bit of body pain after it too which I'm pretty sure isn't just age-related.  I'm leaving open the possibility that things will improve with time. :)
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    edited July 2021
    We were lucky - one gig just before lockdown, one happened between lockdowns 1 & 2 and one just before Christmas between 2 & 3, then one already in May. All in the local proper live music venue.

Jam night also back up and running in same venue.

The biggest challenge I`m finding, in addition to remembering the music & words, is actually staying awake until the end of the gig............... & we haven`t been out with our own PA yet. Can`t say I`m looking forward to remembering putting that away at gone midnight!
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4088
    We had a gig a couple of weeks back. Full 2hr show. Really buzzing from it.  Now nothing for ages.   Come on pubs book me :lol: 
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    We managed to get 4 or 5 done last year, and have now done 2 this year already (1 charity 1hr set, 1 private party affair) with a pretty full diary for the rest of the year, however I still expect some of these to get cancelled, which will be a huge shame. But....it feels like things are picking up a bit, assuming the 19th July goes ahead to schedule
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30882

Sorry, assumed this was a King of Tone waiting list thread...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3116
    So haven’t had the toys out since last March, 
    Next Saturday one band for 2hours in front of 30 people week after full blown 2day festival !! 
    I know those cabinets have put on weight during lockdown!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk