The prize for overpriced speaker of the day goes to......

What's Hot

Comments

• yeh but it's vintage fam.....

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9661
    edited July 2021
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2383
    I love that seller, I come across them every so often!

They've got a 1980 Les Paul up for £2.5k, which feels ambitious to me, but this time last year it was up for £10k! Apparently all proceeds were going to go to the NHS, but they hadn't set it up as a charity auction, and the description was a 500-word diatribe on all the various Les Paul models it wasn't and the salesman/marketing bumpf that annoys the seller. 

They've also got a Squier neckplate for £90 or a variety of 80s superstrat neckplates all around £200. Some people baffle me.
    Tim
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    He'll never get that much for it unless he writes 'holy grail' in the description.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    Of the day? I don't think I've ever seen one with a more ridiculous price...

Label missing. If it's all working perfectly it might be worth £100 on a good day if you need one for something like a closed-back Orange cab where you won't see it.

If it's got suspension or voice coil issues then it's probably no more than a donor frame for a re-cone and it's worth about £20.

Ah! Of course. That's what he meant - £20.00.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein