Kingsley Constable

SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
edited July 2021 in FX
Any owners here? What version are you rocking? My name’s come up on the Kingsley waiting list and while my initial choice was the maiden I’m now looking into the constable instead, specifically a two in one. 

I think it’s going to be between the bassman/plexi and bassman/jtm, mainly for switching between my Strat and LP for clean and crunchy sounds respectively. These will be pushed by my Page. 

I play blues, hard rock, stoner, and psychedelic mainly. I hear the jtm is slightly flubby in the low end for more extreme rock style so I’m leaning towards the bassman/plexi combo. Then again the jtm is apparently great for vintage blues sounds, so I’m torn between the two. They don’t combine both I don’t think, but I’d like the inclusion of a bassman as default anyway.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
    I have one, got it in January as I was lucky enough to be chosen to jump the queue at Christmas time. 

Therefore, I didn’t really get a choice - in fact, I didn’t know there was a choice with these options. I thought it was either Plexi or JCM800 version.

So, I’ve no idea what I have. What I do know is, it sounds incredible with or without my Page giving it a kick up the arse! 
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited July 2021
    I have one, got it in January as I was lucky enough to be chosen to jump the queue at Christmas time. 

Therefore, I didn’t really get a choice - in fact, I didn’t know there was a choice with these options. I thought it was either Plexi or JCM800 version.

So, I’ve no idea what I have. What I do know is, it sounds incredible with or without my Page giving it a kick up the arse! 
    you can basically have any combination of the plexi, jtm, bassman, or a high gain version with some fancy transistors. Good to know you’re enjoying yours - if i were you I’d be curious to know exactly what version it was though.

Anyway in the end I went for the plexi bassman combo because they’re different enough to justify having two in one box - turns out the jtm is heavily based on the Bassman anyway. 
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
    Cool, I’ll check back through my e-mails and see if there’s any info. If not, I’ll fire an e-Mail off to Simon