A quick look at my home studio…

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6256
    your "untidy" studio makes me realise that I am sitting in a complete tip!! Time for a clean up I think. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    Musicwolf said:
    also hjow do you guys keep your palces so tidy? Id love to do a vide of mine but its always a total shambles. 
    The secret is in the use of camera angles ;)

right..so I guess i'll point my camera at the ceiling :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Musicwolf said:
    also hjow do you guys keep your palces so tidy? Id love to do a vide of mine but its always a total shambles. 
    The secret is in the use of camera angles ;)

right..so I guess i'll point my camera at the ceiling :)
    Just pinch someone else’s  studio setup vid and do a voiceover !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    One thing I found was that the navigation made the faders less useful as it banks around in 8 track increments it doesnt line up nicely with the faders. To get around this I created some templates where I bus everything to 8 tracks at the start of the project but even then I found I actually do a fair bit of balancing at a sub-bus level...I do actually have another 8 faders available on my keyboard but haven't worked out how to get those to work in conjunction with the bcf ones so that they bank around together. 
    I'm not sure which DAW you are using but, in Cubase, you can set which tracks are visible in the mixer tab and you can drag tracks into whichever order you wish.  The X-Touch will be set out as per the mix screen so I could have drums on fader #1, a group track with several bass parts on #2, a VCA for guitars on #3 and so on.  You can also group tracks into folders so that you could have all the rythm guitars in one folder and all controlled with a single group or VCA fader then expand this with a single click.

Getting it set up with channels 1-8 on the Expander and 9-16 on the X-Touch had me scratching my head for a while, but maybe I need a medicated shampoo =)