I need to whinge....

What's Hot
WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
So I got it into my head that I wanted to try the Meris pedals. Specifically the Mercury 7, and the Hedra. Mercury 7 because I wanted a verb that could do big big spaces, 100% wet sounds, but in a smaller package than the Big Sky. It sounds great. Dead happy with it.

But I wanted to try the Hedra because I have this tone:

That was done with my Helix, where I use a whammy effect, set to 30% mix, and I slowly roll the pitch up in the background whilst also sliding across the string with an ebow and brass slide. It sounds killah.

I wanted to be able to do it with the Hedra. But the Hedra, when used in this very slow sweep kind of way, has stepped pitch changes. Even when you turn on smoothing. I spent ages trying to get it to work. It just doesn't. So it's going back, and I've had to pay £15 to Andertons for the return. Joy.

Utter balderdash!!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Experiences like this where I really think.... the Helix absolutely smashed it out of the park. What they've achieved with that platform is truly extraordinary.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I tell you what else... the pitch vector on the Mercury7 is toss. Literally... glue it into the OFF position. The other modes sound cack.

Bye!

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7083
    Stop tinkering with shiny new toys and go make music fella!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibe said:
    Stop tinkering with shiny new toys and go make music fella!
    I make a lot of music. I think I've earned a shiny new toy or two!

Bye!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Right, I don't need to whinge now. Hedra is going back, M7 is staying. It's loooooossshhhh.

I might get a Boss PS6 instead. I think it will be better than the Hedra.

Bye!

• BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2208
    edited July 2021
    I gave the Hedra a go a couple of times, but the UI did my head in, particularly as I don’t use MIDI.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5327
    For a moment I thought you'd gone all hippy on us and were about to deliver a cover of Brainstorm (Hawkwind).
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 945
    Stop with this and your post last week (ish). I've never needed or wanted an ebow before but I do now and I'm not supposed to be buying any gear.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited July 2021
    relic245 said:
    Stop with this and your post last week (ish). I've never needed or wanted an ebow before but I do now and I'm not supposed to be buying any gear.
    Oh man, honestly, just get one. Yeah they're pricey, but really inspiring. You wouldn't think it... sustaining one string at a time.... but then you add a slide... or a bottleneck.... or some pedals... fuzz.... gated tremolo..... delay..... reverse sounds..... looper pedal......

Loads of creativity there. Fuck the native sound of the guitar, give me NOISEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

And don't let wankers, whose only outlet is sitting in front of Ant & Dec being given dirty looks by the missus coz she can't hear the TV, tell you what creativity is!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1276
    I gave the Hedra a go a couple of times, but the UI did my head in, particularly as I don’t use MIDI.
    I’ve tried the Ottobit and the Enzo and they both sound great but the UI is really questionable. 

That none of the alternate functions of the controls are labelled on the pedal makes it nearly unusable without a manual to hand,
  • The Ottobit looks really fun, but I have to confess.... I'm a little reluctant to checkout their other stuff. I tried the Enzo, it was confusing. The Mercury 7 makes sense to me somehow though.

Bye!