Collection of Hot Licks media

G4peiG4pei Frets: 7
Hi - I have a collection of Hot Licks audio tapes, VHS tapes and DVD's. All in very good condition, as follows;

Audio Cassettes:

Blues Guitar complete 6 tape set

Nashville Guitar complete 6 tape set

Rhythm and Blues guitar full 6 tape set

Advanced lead guitar tapes 1,2,3,5,6

Rock Guitar tapes 3,4,5

Shuggie Otis Master Series 2 tape set

Fusion Guitar tape 1 only

VHS Tapes:

Joe Beck Jazz Chord Workouts with booklet

Danny Gatton Telemaster! with booklet

Duke Robillard Uptown Blues, Jazz Rock and Swing Guitar with booklet

Arlen Roth Hot Country Lead Guitar with booklet

Joe Pass The Blue Side of Jazz with booklet

Arlen Roth Slide Guitar with booklet

Arlen Roth Chicago Blues Guitar with booklet

DVD's:

George Benson - The Art of Jazz Guitar

Southern Rock - with 6 great masters

Buddy Guy - Trackin' the Blues

Ronnie Earl - Blues Guitar with Soul

Danny Gatton 2 - Strictly Rhythm Guitar

Robin Trower - Classic Blues/Rock Guitar

Warren Haynes - Electric Blues and Slide Guitar

The Guitar of Brian Setzer

The above belongs to a friend of mine who suffered a stroke a few years ago and will not play the guitar again. After selling his guitars and amps he he is clearing out other items now. If anyone is interested in making an offer, the cash will go directly to him. 

They are quite a blast from the past.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    Blimey, if your friend worked his way through all that lot he must have become a pretty good player. What a shame that a stroke took it all away. Life can be a bitch.

Perhaps mention whether it will all only be sold as a job lot or open to offers on parts of it?
  • G4peiG4pei Frets: 7
    From the looks of them they don't appear to have come out of the boxes. All his guitars and amps were immaculate, home use, never gigged. He was an enthusiastic collector! I would prefer if someone wanted the lot although all together its a reasonable weight to ship. I'm open to anything frankly, he wanted them out of the way so there's no caveats about part offers etc.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    @HAL9000 oddly enough I was going to mention the Arlen Roth Chicago Blues tape in another Discussion but I don't think it was ever transferred to DVD so not normally available, how it stands up 30 years since I borrowed my friend's copy I've no idea! 

Interesting that Shuggie Otis did a cassette, I had no idea that ever existed.  

The VHS ones seem to be around £8 on eBay. The DVD ones were still available until relatively recently although seem to have gone out of production again. Similar kind of money.  Don't know if that's helpful. Even the DVDs will be transfer of lessons made originally for VHS so if nothing else there will be some interesting hairstyles. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Great comments chaps. Can someone tell me how to reply to individual comments? - sorry I'm a bit of a virgin on here!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    G4pei said:
    Great comments chaps. Can someone tell me how to reply to individual comments? - sorry I'm a bit of a virgin on here!
    you can just click on Quote to bring the content of what they've said down. If you want to notify them you need to use their name starting with @ like @G4pei ; 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    G4pei said:
    you can just click on Quote to bring the content of what they've said down. If you want to notify them you need to use their name starting with @ like @G4pei ; 
    Great thank you!
    @HAL9000 oddly enough I was going to mention the Arlen Roth Chicago Blues tape in another Discussion but I don't think it was ever transferred to DVD so not normally available, how it stands up 30 years since I borrowed my friend's copy I've no idea! 

Interesting that Shuggie Otis did a cassette, I had no idea that ever existed.  

The VHS ones seem to be around £8 on eBay. The DVD ones were still available until relatively recently although seem to have gone out of production again. Similar kind of money.  Don't know if that's helpful. Even the DVDs will be transfer of lessons made originally for VHS so if nothing else there will be some interesting hairstyles. 

You're dead right about the hairstyles. Robin Trower looks about 13 years old!