SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Parlour sized acoustic

What's Hot
Help, I need one!
all considered….
ta Jon
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • tomjaxtomjax Frets: 72
    JonHosker said:
    Help, I need one!
    all considered….
    ta Jon
    What's your budget?
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 390
    Thanks guys … need to curb my spending l.
    est. budget £500
    thanks Jon
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 320
    I'm also in the market for one of these, and it seems the Yamaha CSF ticks a lot of boxes and has excellent reviews. I will go to a shop to try it out, but from the reviews, it seems to be very popular, should be within your budget as well
  • Based on this video (skip to around 11 min for sound comparison to see if you can tell which is which and which one you prefer) I feel the urge to go and try some of the Alvarez Masterworks guitars. I've no first hand experience to offer, but they do an all solid parlour, that sells for £549 that might be worth checking out:

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3614
    Me too so watching this thread with interest.

Something else to consider might be the Vintage Paul Brett - I've got the 12 string version and it's a lovely instrument but haven't tried the 6 string variant. 
    I had the tiny Viator by Vintage (Paul Brett).
    lovely looking and nice sounding but couldn’t keep it tuned— gave up and sold on.
    wull check out the Yamaha CSF.
    ta Jon
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    There are also the Faith Mercury parlours. £350 new for all solid 12 fret base model.

Breedlove Concertina. 12 fret parlours, various price points. 
  • thinline72thinline72 Frets: 77
    edited August 2021
    I have PRS SE P20E (499 pounds at Andertons, version without pickup will be 399). I think they are really good and I was surprised by the quality for such a price. Truly enjoying playing, it's very comfortable and quite versatile imo. I really like the neck shape and width, but I should say it seems to be closer to electric guitars necks rather than to some acoustics (~43mm nut width). There are some cool videos with it by Justin Johnson including a review video.

Blueridge guitars seem to be good as well and there is used one for 500 pounds on Michael Messer forum.

Always wanted to try Washburn R320SWRK, but they seem to be hard to find now.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 598
    I've got a guild m140 if that's of any interest?
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    edited August 2021
    On Sat I tried
    2 No PRS SEs
    - nice look and size, found tension high, action medium high, and sounded ok to reasonable but not very resonant
    alvarez  
    - astonishingly bright and good resonance, great look, liked the headstock, started going out a tune a tiny bit when strummed quite hard; good fun great price
    Martin Junior DRE (most expensive by far)
    - consistent good quality I suppose, just did not bond with it, didn’t seem loud, didn’t look pretty either, didn’t have any uniqueness 

played them for about an hour.

The picked up a Taylor GS Mini, and it figuratively blew them all out of the water.  Volume was astonishing in comparison, action was good, most easiest to play up at the low frets, delicate finger picking, and harder strumming.  Quite a revelation.  Pretty wood grain on front and back too, nice shape.

so that one went home with me ! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks; yes, I am drawn to a GSmini, sound comparison is clear; they really project!!
    Jon