Let The Fun Commence..

grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 900
The last thing on my bucket list..

Just waiting for a Mark L dual mixer to show up and we're ready to build.

Ironically after all these years it seems that the amps I should really have been playing are Boogies - both the Studio Preamp and Triaxis sound amazing..

Given that I don't have the mixer yet the only sound testing I've done is with the DBX and PCM70 in line and it sounds unbelievable..

Looking forward to the build..

Si
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 438
    @grappagreen man that's awesome.

\What cabs are you running?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 900
    @JohnCordy ;

Running a Zilla 1x12 and 2x12 at the mo but given that I'm this deep in the rabbit hole I'm going to look out for some Boogie 1x12's :)

Si
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 57381
    So you got the Fifty/Fifty then... :)

You're going to need a bigger rack box if you get the Mark L - I make that 10U already. 12U will give you a spare slot, which is always dangerous ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• SchmoSchmo Frets: 84
    Where’s your looper/switcher, how you intending to bring units in/out the signal chain?
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 853
    I had the Studio + 50/50 combination at one point, it was excellent.
    edited July 24
    @ICBM - Yes :) I'm prob going to go for 14u as there are a couple more classics I fancy having a play with.. 

@Schmo - Running a Morningstar MC8 for patch change/CC control and will be using Morningstar RL5 (s) to switch the inputs in and out for the SPX, PCM 70 & 81 and anything else that appears. I'm trying to find a midi controlled latching switch for the Studio Pre (Suhr used to do one so hunting at the mo). I've looked at your shirt a few times actually :)

The TSC is the biggest challenge. Speaking to Italo De Angelis (rack FX guru) you can get close with a H3000 (or better) or another PCM81 but nothing can replicate the TSC sound exactly. I would really like a TERC but part of my own brief was not to buy anything I'm going to take a massive financial bath on and a TERC would be given the total cost to get one from the States. That said an H series Eventide or Orville isn't exactly cheap but way more flexible than the TERC.. Will make my mind up later on this.

I'll update the thread as the build progresses.

Si
    @ICBM - Yes :) I'm prob going to go for 14u as there are a couple more classics I fancy having a play with.. 

@Schmo - Running a Morningstar MC8 for patch change/CC control and will be using Morningstar RL5 (s) to switch the inputs in and out for the SPX, PCM 70 & 81 and anything else that appears. I'm trying to find a midi controlled latching switch for the Studio Pre (Suhr used to do one so hunting at the mo). I've looked at your shirt a few times actually :)

The TSC is the biggest challenge. Speaking to Italo De Angelis (rack FX guru) you can get close with a H3000 (or better) or another PCM81 but nothing can replicate the TSC sound exactly. I would really like a TERC but part of my own brief was not to buy anything I'm going to take a massive financial bath on and a TERC would be given the total cost to get one from the States. That said an H series Eventide or Orville isn't exactly cheap but way more flexible than the TERC.. Will make my mind up later on this.

I'll update the thread as the build progresses.

Si
    Good stuff Si !

I have the RJM & CAE for my looper/mixer...and a TERC too, no compromises LOL !

Italo does great work no doubt, but as you say there is no substitute for a TERC no matter what anyone says...best of luck on completing the rig.

Regards,
    Graeme
    After 8 weeks of waiting, false promises and let downs mixer has finally arrived!

Managed to get a quick setup with the SPX and PCM81 in parallel and it sounds pretty awesome.

Couple more bits to get hold off and we're ready to go..
  • BoltersBolters Frets: 25
    Might be overkill for your needs, but the Voodoo labs GCX/HEX will do midi controlled latched switching.

It's a cracking setup you've got going on there.

I had a Tri-axis/ Stereo 2:90 rack setup with a TC G-force and Voodoo labs GCX/GCP for control and effects years ago.
    I really wish I had held on to it! Especially the Mesa amps. With one or two exceptions not much has come close to the tone or versatility I had with that rig.

• Lovely! Get a thiele...