Call to all Fretboarders. Can you help me raise a bit of cash and do something good for a forumite?

What's Hot
skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
edited July 2021 in Off Topic
UPDATE: 
On hold following good news.  

I’ve edited/removed some of my post so as to not jeopardise and to make fair on all parties at this stage. 

I moan about stuff I see.. 

My mum always says ‘son, you gotta be the change you want to see in this world’. 
Well, I should probably moan less, act more then eh. 

Right, our Sparky man did a good deed and helped, out and lost out on £500 doing so. See thread below. 

I say fuck that shit. 

@spark240 I know you havent asked and I dont whatsoever mean to offend, and I know you said its not about the cash. 

I figured our community would have your back though and could do some bloody awesome here. Your good deed deserves some good karma.

Any amount raised (doesnt have to be much) can go to Spark and offset the loss/buy him some beers/pay for therapy for having to live with the guitar. 

I will kickstart a whip round and donate £30. 
The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11305
    Me too.  Let me know how to contribute.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    I reckon he should raffle the piece of shit. £10 a ticket , I’m sure 50 of us will chip in £10 for the ‘pleasure’ of owning / setting light to such a classic instrument 
  • WoodandwiresWoodandwires Frets: 195
    I am happy to donate a tenner, just let me know how
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    Offset said:
    Me too.  Let me know how to contribute.
    I am happy to donate a tenner, just let me know how
    Ahh awesome! Cheers fellas!

What I’ll do is see if a modmin/trusted third party here would be so kind as to receive the money maybe? 
    I reckon he should raffle the piece of shit. £10 a ticket , I’m sure 50 of us will chip in £10 for the ‘pleasure’ of owning / setting light to such a classic instrument 
    Ooh yus. Be a nice addition to any firepit!
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18385
    skunkwerx said:
    Ooh yus. Be a nice addition to any firepit!
    Already offered to buy a raffle ticket in another thread, so I'm good for a contribution ;)
    It will hopefully be seasoned wood & legal to burn, but with Mr.Elson, you never know... he is sneaky barstard, innit  ;)

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    Happy to Chuck a tenner in if we get to burn that piece of shite 
    edited July 2021
    Hold your horses! 

Incoming from Spark240 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Dudes....absolutely awesome gesture but honestly the guy made contact this evening  as result of all this attention it seems…..so whilst I’m still in with a fighting chance I just can’t accept anything from you good folks here.

I truly appreciate the offer and it’s grea to see there are some genuine good people about

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    Pending the outcome of the above I just wanted to add I'll happily throw in a tenner if Ian Elson continues with his usual form.

Also love seeing shit get set on fire.
    I'd happily go uncle Rob on that guitar
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    We haven’t had a tone1 pedal auction for a while….. :3
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    Nah come on, stop talking to him and do the £500 to set it on fire raffle instead it will be funny.
  • chotu495chotu495 Frets: 356
    I’m in for £20 if it goes weary and spark doesn’t get his money back.

The raffle also sounds good. Then we could chip in to the cost of getting it playable (if that is assessed as possible) and donate to a charity that’ll make sure it gets some proper use.

Turn it from a cluster into something good.

Or, i do have a woodburner….lets not be hasty, eh?
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    chotu495 said:
    I’m in for £20 if it goes weary and spark doesn’t get his money back.

The raffle also sounds good. Then we could chip in to the cost of getting it playable (if that is assessed as possible) and donate to a charity that’ll make sure it gets some proper use.

Turn it from a cluster into something good.

Or, i do have a woodburner….lets not be hasty, eh?
    Viking funeral!!!

I will make it so and post it on YouTube 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 941
    edited July 2021
    spark240 said:
    Dudes....absolutely awesome gesture but honestly the guy made contact this evening  as result of all this attention it seems…..so whilst I’m still in with a fighting chance I just can’t accept anything from you good folks here.

I truly appreciate the offer and it’s grea to see there are some genuine good people about
    it was worth kicking up a fuss on here then  
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Just been thinking about this…

@spark240 I know you’ve said no to this idea. But…

if we do get 50 folk to chip in a tenner each, 1) you get your money back and 2) 50 fretboarders can have the guitar for a couple of weeks each and each one of us can do an honest and open “review” thread on here.

I think a new thread on this guitar and the “Elson” brand every couple of weeks would see google awash with honest opinions from folk that know what they’re talking about. One person drops it to the next etc etc…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4136
    poopot said:

if we do get 50 folk to chip in a tenner each, 1) you get your money back and 2) 50 fretboarders can have the guitar for a couple of weeks each and each one of us can do an honest and open “review” thread on here.

I think a new thread on this guitar and the “Elson” brand every couple of weeks would see google awash with honest opinions from folk that know what they’re talking about. One person drops it to the next etc etc…
    I'd definitely be up for this 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    edited July 2021
    Every sympathy for the guy who's lost cash but at what point does all this become a pitchfork too far?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3132
    poopot said:

I'd definitely be up for this 
    Agree, this is an amazing idea -plus this isn’t the only place we could leave honest reviews.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9499
    How about 50 Fretboarders chip in £10 and they all get the guitar for a week to make a small improvement? Cut nut slots, file sharp fret ends etc.

It might even be playable by the end of it!