Small monitors

I’m looking to get a bit of a novice recording / demo / practice setup at home so I’m looking for a small, unobtrusive pair of monitors 

I have a set of mackie mr5s but they are quite bulky and I only have a small work area, so stands at the side of the desk aren’t really an option. I also have 2 young children who could potentially pull one of them over. 

I’ve been looking at the ilouds which are well priced and have good reviews and also the genelec 8010s which are more expensive. I could probably stretch the budget to the 8010s, if I felt they would last me a bit longer. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated, cheers 
Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6256
    what's your definition of "small"?

Bookshelf speaker size or smaller?
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    The mackies are just under 40cm tall which is too big really. Ideally something more compact than those. 
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    Yamaha HS5 are  17 x 28.5 x 22.2 cm, and IMO very good. I've had a pair for a few years, never a problem, I like the open clear sound
    My daughter has a pair of Behringer Studio Active 50USB and they are quite dinky, but sound pretty good. Not in the league of the HS5 but good for the money. Again IMO
  • chotu495chotu495 Frets: 356
    I have iLoud Micro. They’re decent too.