Transcribing someone who transcribed someone...

What's Hot
BradBrad Frets: 658
I usually always go to the source (or sauce wink ) when transcribing, but I think Hristo Vitchev has done such a good job nailing Pat Metheny's chromatic approach it was worth breaking that old maxim smile A cool ii-V-I line for anyone interested.

https://www.soundslice.com/slices/mjKDc/?from=channel

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• susbemolsusbemol Frets: 395
    Very good work! Hristo's published some great content on Pat's approach, hasn't he? I've just got one if his ebooks and I'm really looking forward to checking it out soon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BradBrad Frets: 658
    edited July 2021
    susbemol said:
    Very good work! Hristo's published some great content on Pat's approach, hasn't he? I've just got one if his ebooks and I'm really looking forward to checking it out soon.
    Thanks! Yeah, Hristo is an incredible guitarist in his own right and the Metheny influence is clear. 

You’re in for a treat with his ebooks! Whilst there are some real finger twisters and Vitchev does a great job explaining Pat’s phrasing if you want it, much of it is instantly achievable to get under the fingers and apply with your own phrasing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10646
    Amazing playing. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom