SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Cornell Vintage Brown 10/Plexi 7, MJW Goldstar, maybe Victory Sheriff 22 ?

DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
With the Budda provisionally sold it looks like I can start the search for the the low watt Hot Rod Plexi style amp I'm looking for as a replacement.

So anyone got anything they're thinking of moving on ?

1st choice would be a Cornell Vintage Brown 10, I like that it has reverb built in and the "Brown Sound" is pretty much what I'm after but they are as rare as hens teeth, especially 2nd hand.

Would consider a Plexi 7 as well, especially a head or the combo with the 12" speaker, I can always stick an SD-1 up it to make it scream.

Could also go an MJW Goldstar as long as its the 5W one with power scaling.

Have also had my head turned by the Victory Sheriff 22 with the optional 0.3w output so thats also of interest. Or indeed if you've got something that you think fits the bill please do shout 

Am based in Glasgow but will be in London 1st week of August so there might be an opportunity there !

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    Bump, anyone got owt ? 
    Giving this a bump because I’m a week out from having money to spend !
    Anyone got a box of low wattage gainy goodness they’re looking to shift ?
    Am currently in South Wales and will be in London Sat 30th for a few days if that makes a deal more viable ?
    “Actually getting the cash to do a deal within the hour !” Type bump
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464
    I have a really nice Ceriatone Yeti 50 head? Yes, it’s 50w but it nails the sound you’re after even at low volumes. 
    I have a really nice Ceriatone Yeti 50 head? Yes, it’s 50w but it nails the sound you’re after even at low volumes. 
    Thanks for the offer but I’m deffo locked in to a lower wattage solution this time round
  • hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 116
    edited August 2021
    There be a Cornell on gumtree. 

bit of a distance for you, mind. 
    There be a Cornell on gumtree: https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/cornell-vintage-brown-10-tweed/1411366678

Thanks for the steer chap but when I look at the link it says “Listing no longer available” can you still see the ad ? 
  • 4on64on6 Frets: 86
    As the buyer of the aforementioned Budda, I can sincerely attest that DrBob is a fine chap to deal with indeed. I feel (almost) guilty now... someone find this guy a nice lil amp while I annoy the bejeezus out of my neighbours? 
    DrBob said:
    There be a Cornell on gumtree: https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/cornell-vintage-brown-10-tweed/1411366678

Thanks for the steer chap but when I look at the link it says “Listing no longer available” can you still see the ad ? 
    My mistake, stuck a search into Gumtree and it came straight up ! As you say location, and in fact price I is challenging but I’ve made contact
  • DrBob said:
    DrBob said:
    My mistake, stuck a search into Gumtree and it came straight up ! As you say location, and in fact price I is challenging but I’ve made contact
    Huh, it appears he took it down (hence bad link) and relisted :shrug
  • TM44TM44 Frets: 0
    @DrBob ;Just spotted this thread on a google search, I'm thinking of selling my Cornell Vintage brown if you are still looking for one.