Fender Tonemaster Amps

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    jeztone2 said:

The Twin is better than the Deluxe with drives, because of the mid control.
    The Deluxe does actually have a mid control too, it’s just preset to 7 inside.

The Twin is more versatile though, since the bright cap on the volume control is switchable. There’s also another one further on in the circuit on the reverb channel which you can’t do anything about, and this one also causes some drive pedals to sound fizzy or harsh.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stilwelstilwel Frets: 20
    Here's a quick promo video with some Super Reverb tones you'll all recognize.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSHkKeSrJBz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
    FENDER - Scottsdale, AZ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    Tried one yesterday for the first time. Found it fairly bland. Compared it to a Supro Thunderbolt 12" & Blues king 10" (5watt) sat alongside and frequency range differences aside both supros were way more fun to play and had nicer cleans even with poky mids on the 5watt. 

The TM DR didn't feel like a modelling amp at all, but something about the attack and fullness didn't sound very rich. I'd rather have a HRD, weight and all...
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4695
    I had a Delta King 10 and the TM Deluxe turn up on the same day.  The Supro was back in the box within an hour.

I found the Supro horribly compressed and boxy compared to both the Deluxe and my Blues King 12.

I wonder if the neo speakers also take a bit of time to break in nicely.

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    Had another rehearsal with mine yesterday with a pretty quiet band, once again the power scaling was very useful and the amp sounded great.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5751
    I might retract that Bassman request and hope for a TM 57 Bandmaster instead. Which does seem extremely unlikely 
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    edited August 2021
    I tried the Blonde deluxe tm  today. Such a great sounding amp. Didn’t really need any tweaking to sound great with a tele, other than backing the treble off a touch. Was well impressed!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • *Thread necro-bump*

Interesting that eagle-eyed fans have spotted that Mike McCready and Stone Gossard from Pearl Jam have been touring with Tonemaster DRs on their newly launched US Tour. Quite an endorsement...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3840
    *Thread necro-bump*

Interesting that eagle-eyed fans have spotted that Mike McCready and Stone Gossard from Pearl Jam have been touring with Tonemaster DRs on their newly launched US Tour. Quite an endorsement...

Indeed
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    Because they are good.

Yes… given that they don’t have to carry their own amps, it can only be because they prefer the sound.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    ICBM said:

Yes… given that they don’t have to carry their own amps, it can only be because they prefer the sound.
    I`m still loving my tonemaster twin - I keep playing the valve heads for some gigs because I feel they should sound better, but every time I go back to the twin I`m impressed. 

Another big factor is not just quality of sound, but consistency of sound - valve amps do seem to sound better some nights rather than others, the digital amp is the same every time.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6675
    I played a gig in a local (ish) pub last night with the forum favourite Tweedy-Luxe and despite having done the last few with my Tone Master Twin and seriously enjoying all the benefits; consistency, lightweight, simplicity, versatility.... I still really enjoyed the 5e3 for it's tiny size, pokiness and overall sound (does anyone NOT like the sound of a Tweed Deluxe?). This one weighs 25lbs, which is 8lbs lighter than the TM Twin, fits in your pocket but it doesn't have that spread that twin speakers has, but the way it breaks up is so delicious.

Do I sell the Tome Master Twin or keep it for the bigger gigs.....?

merlin said:

(does anyone NOT like the sound of a Tweed Deluxe?)
    Me, when I play one. I like the sound other people get out of them sometimes (particularly Neil Young, although his is a very extreme-usage case), but I can never get them to sound how I want and I'm always fiddling with the too limited but stupidly interactive controls to try to get what I want. They're OK clean at low volume but I don't like them pushed at all.

• newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    ICBM said:
    merlin said:

Me, when I play one. I like the sound other people get out of them sometimes (particularly Neil Young, although his is a very extreme-usage case), but I can never get them to sound how I want and I'm always fiddling with the too limited but stupidly interactive controls to try to get what I want. They're OK clean at low volume but I don't like them pushed at all.
    Me too! I actually sold my 57 deluxe to buy the TM twin. 

I liked the idea of it, and run with the princeton for Mike Campbell sounds it was nice - but for what I wanted, not punchy enough and ironically either too loud or not loud enough. For small single amp gigs I took the 68 princeton every time.

But if we all liked the same stuff this place would be really boring!
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6675

newi123 said:
    ICBM said:
    merlin said:

Me, when I play one. 
    Me too! I actually sold my 57 deluxe to buy the TM twin.
    I totally understand. My Gretsch G6118T does sound pretty spectacular through the 5e3 circuit though. And my Jet with T-armonds sounds amazing too... Perfect for the twang I love. 

I guess I will be keeping both. Maybe.