Van Halen’s best performance. No question.

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10647
This. It’s amazing. I feel sure I’ve posted this before but can’t find it. Never mind, deserves to be posted twice anyway. OMG it’s brilliant, the whole band. And just one teeny bit out of a whole song of brilliant playing, Eddie’s chromatic run in the 2nd verse with that staccato riffed chord shuffle up the neck. At 2 minutes. Wow. 

They were unbeatable when they were on form like this. 

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Always loved that tune, that was pretty close to the studio version. Great performance indeed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 782
    Eddie's just a festival of creative aceness
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BradBrad Frets: 658
    Some people are just so at one with the guitar that whatever they play just sounds great, looks effortless in a real natural way and never seems forced. Eddie was definitely one of those people. 
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1374
    Cheers for posting @viz Superb stuff
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • So good. Not seen this particular show. Will watch it tonight  when I bring my whiskey home. Thanks!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    They were an amazing band. Iconic with DLR but I bloody loved them with Hagar! It's those albums that I go back to most.

EVH one of the greatest guitarists ever.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1374
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • vizviz Frets: 10647
    Fantastic!!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1083
    I love the footage of them in the studio...

• vizviz Frets: 10647
    The way they’re all smiling when they start Dreams is great. 
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    That Studio footage also shows how great a drummer Alex is..

Eddie was just amazing with whatever he touched - Never Got Fooled Again was a lesson in how to look cool while playing both the keyboard and guitar parts and not even miss a beat or note AND capture all the dynamics
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom