Help with a Focusrite 6i6

What's Hot
Hopefully an easy one  to solve for someone with more sense than me...

In really basic terms, I run Reaper on a mac mini, and obviously the audio comes out of the two sets ouf focusrite outputs on the rear. I can then run one of these pairs of outputs into a Boss RC-505.

I also have a sampler (Blackbox 1010) currently going into the rear l+r inputs at the back of the focusrite.

My hope was that by setting it up this way, I could use the sampler to send audio via the focusrite to the 505 too, without needing Reaper running, but it doesn't work. I can only get sound from the sampler when I open Reaper, arm a track with those l+r inputs and do it that way.

Am I missing something, or is it not designed to do what I want it to do?

The aim is that whether I use Reaper, or the sampler, or both, the audio will always come out of the 505.

My workaround is of course that I just send the sampler direct to an input on the 505, but sometimes I'll want to record from the sampler to Reaper, and it would be good if I don't have to switch any cabling around.

Is there a smarter way to do this?

Thanks as always!

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You need to make sure the input aren't muted and have the volume up in focusrite control. What you're setting up is basically live monitoring and there should be tons of vids on you tube about it. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • focusrite control is the thing - all your routings are done here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks both, that’s exactly what I needed

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom