Rick Jones ( Yoffy)

What's Hot
https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/08/rick-jones-dead-fingerbobs-childrens-tv-presenter-dies-aged-84-15391078/

sad news. May have to be getting on a bit to remember him on TV but a part of many childhoods. 
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    I used to like the white dove puppet. 

Fingerbobs was a great programme. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    I was a big fan of Fingerbobs, I tried to make finger puppets like that myself. :)

I always liked Rick Jones but also found him slightly scary, it was weird having a proper bearded hippy presenting a kids' programme.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6594
    Yoffy lifts a finger... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • To be honest, I’m very surprised to hear he hadn’t died years ago. I remember the programme, and he didn't look young even back then.

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    I remember seeing him at a Fall gig, he went along with Peter Purves. Not a bad musician either. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Did you ever actually think of him as "Yoffy"?  I didn't, I always knew he was called Rick Jones... maybe because he was also on Play School.  Or maybe because I'm the sort of person who always reads all the credits on films and TV programmes and I was already doing that when I was a little kid.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4081
    edited October 2021
    I only remembered him as yoffy ,yet I watched play school from around 72  that and fingerbobs were quality programs , I occasionally watch an episode of play school as a sort of relaxing trip back to better times , I seem to remember Chloe ,zoey,Brian cant,Johnny ball ,derek griffiths , was pat off vision on ,on it too . A great way to relax after the horrors of school 

I remember when they changed the intro and music slightly . It’s a shame kids today don’t have it 
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    I'm fairly certain that I can remember the moment I realised they weren't actually looking through the square, arched or round window on Play School.

It was an illusion, a con, a sham. I had been taken for a fool.

I've never been the same since. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12253
    Also wrote the classic "Bananaphone" which my kids used to love. RIP
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    That smile at the end that says “I’m off my tits on weed, entertaining your kids and there’s nothing you can do about it”.

How amazing that we were entertained by something so simple when we were so young.