reasonably priced windows interface.

What's Hot
I've been using  a focusrite audiobox 96 for a few years.  It's always been a bit problematic and currently windows isn't recognising it.

What do people recommend as a decent alternative that doesn't cost a huge amount ie under £150.

I can connect directly via my keyboard/and line line 6 pod go but it would be handy to have a 1 or 2 channel interface.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Komplete Audio 2. The secondhand prices are frequently under £50 and they're splendid little boxes. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2316
    I went for a yamaha AG06 in the end.   I do need a little mixer as well and this will do the mixing and also has a decent usb interface.
  • Seen those.  Solve lots of things.

I have the bigger Yamaha MG10XU… great little project mixer and a great, fast USB interface.  

Seen those.  Solve lots of things.

I have the bigger Yamaha MG10XU… great little project mixer and a great, fast USB interface.  

Yeah I use the MG16XU  in my pa  and it's a really good mixer.   Just a bit big for my desktop tho.. 
  • There are very few bad audio interfaces around these days so it's difficult to make a genuinely bad choice.

If you have a clear idea of what you're looking for in the way of features and capacity, in/out numbers, etc., then you really just need something with rock solid drivers and enough gain in the preamps if you're using less sensitive mic's (i.e. Beyer m201, Shure sm7) with relatively quiet sources (i.e. acoustic guitar rather than drums).

Second hand Focusrite and Audient still have plenty of life in them and no nasty surprises.
  • Another Yamaha MG10 user here but not the usb version as I use it for online lessons and it can’t do two way monitoring so I have to send a stereo mix to my Focusrite and use the direct monitor function on there. Bit of a hassle using two devices but has worked perfectly for nearly a year.

of course, if you’re just recording or streaming one way then the XU version is fine.
    I've bought the AG06 chaps so hoping that will do the business.