Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Post your stuff here

What's Hot

Comments

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Cool jam there, @Rave. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • An old acoustic thing what I did record. An older acoustic/experimental thing with backwards guitars and weird catchphrasesque sound fx! My old band's cover of Eleanor Rigby My current band's DIY recording complete with cheap leccy drums. I should point out the pads were knackered and so didn't read every drum hit. Doesn't do our drummer justice but you get the idea...
  • midiglitchmidiglitch Frets: 172

from our forthcoming album.

would love to hear people's opinions on what genre they think this is as i find it very hard to describe when asked.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    A little something by my band - this is a little different to what we usually do, but it's essentially a finished track so here it is. We're normally a bit fuzzier and grungier.

Here's me playing some of my guitar parts (including my two solos) on another of our songs, more typical this time. You can't hear the backing track very well, sorry...

Here's my cover of a very shreddy solo originally recorded by my guitar teacher:

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • I've just finished compiling the latest volume in my ongoing series of 'Guitar Diaries' which can be listened to here. I hope you find something you like here.

What are ‘Guitar Diaries’?  (I hear you ask)

“In my home studio I have a guitar recording set up that I can power up at any time with just the throw of a couple of switches. I don’t even need to start up the computer as I have a minidisc recorder ready to record immediately. I can plug in a guitar and be recording an idea within, literally, seconds. I use a ‘looping’ set up that allows me to layer guitar tracks on top of each other on the fly (based around a Line6 DL4 looping pedal, occasionally I will also employ a software sample player for beats). The emphasis is on spontaneity and creativity. Every 6–12 months I will compile the most interesting of these ‘sketches’ using the computer – the tracks will be edited, cleaned up, mastered and ordered into an archive CD with accompanying artwork. These are my Guitar Diaries.”
    - Steve Baker

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    TTony said:

This is the place to post your YouTube videos, your SoundCloud clips, and whatever audio/visual you like from wherever you might have posted it across the www. 

Any audio/visual you like, as long as it's you & yours!

Wouldn't this be better under studio and recording?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Er.. would it?

This is audio and it is mine .... this seemed like the appropriate place. I'm not tech savvy enough to do any more than link to the Bandcamp player? Can I embed it?
  • My impersonation of the late, great, Rory Gallagher!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •  An older acoustic/experimental thing with backwards guitars and weird catchphrasesque sound fx!  

I really like this track, the only thing I would change is the acoustic guitar lick that shows up at about 1:15 and 2:23 or so, it is well played and a cool lick but it feels too busy to me for this song.  Just my opinion though.  The backward stuff at the end works great.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• I really like this track, the only thing I would change is the acoustic guitar lick that shows up at about 1:15 and 2:23 or so, it is well played and a cool lick but it feels too busy to me for this song.  Just my opinion though.  The backward stuff at the end works great.

Cheers. :)
    It started off with me messing around with the phrase trainer on an old Korg AX1000G. I wanted a keyboard type sound so tried playing the chords in reverse order on an acoustic into the PT then playing it back in reverse. That formed the main loop throughout the song until its all flipped back round at the end. It's years old and listening to it now there's a lot I'd change as I think it's a little repetitive. Fair comment re the riff, I reckon I was just trying to break up the repetitiveness but it was a long time ago!

edited September 2013
    Hello folks, I just uploaded a new thing onto Soundcloud and I'd appreciate it if you'd check it out :)

It's just a little rough demo, not much of a structure to it yet and there's only a couple of ideas there, but I wanted to get it recorded before I forgot it... when I was listening back, I liked the recording I did so put it up on SC.

It started when I was messing about with some chords, C#min7 and Emaj7, and came up with a fingering for the Emaj7 which I'd never thought of before. When I started alternating between the two chords I came up with some stuff I liked the sound of, then I kicked in my fuzz and improvised a Smashing Pumpkins-inspired riff. Just wanted to get it out there - I think I'm gonna pitch it to my band and see if they like it, because this is close enough to the sort of thing we usually write.

Recorded with Reason 6, all guitar parts are my Squier Jazzmaster and bass parts are my Vintage V804B.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That is totally sweet dude, not what I was expecting from you at all. If the band don't want to do it they'd be mad!!!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    That is totally sweet dude, not what I was expecting from you at all. If the band don't want to do it they'd be mad!!!
    Thanks! :)
    Hi again everyone,

I've just uploaded a longer version of yesterday's little idea, had a go at making a full song out of it. Again, I'd appreciate it if you could have a listen and maybe tell me what you think. I quite like what I've done with it, but I wonder if it could be better.

There's a bit of lead guitar throughout, which is there in lieu of vocals. It's all within a fairly small range and is basically my idea of what vocal melodies could sound like in this song (or at least, roughly which notes should be used - not sure about the phrasing).

Tell me what you think! :)
  • Trying to keep up with the master...

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
    edited October 2013

a track from our album.
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4959
    edited October 2013
    Me newest thingy. For a Halloween challenge over on Soundclick.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12548996
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Amy Winehouse anybody?

• DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    edited November 2013
    I just set up a compilation of my original guitar solos from my solo guitar days (1995 - 2005, as "Jim Graham", my real name) that should be up on iTunes in a few weeks.  Here's "Train of Thought", one of the flamenco influenced songs.  If anyone with some fingerstyle hankering is interested I think I could dig up the score in tab and notation somewhere.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• vizviz Frets: 10644
    bigjon said:
    My youtube channel is bigjon1684, it's got some forumites' solos from a recent Cambridge Blues Jam on it, as well as my own stuff played by my scratch 3-piece no-rehearsal-ever band, Hot Ammo Cold Shot:-

and a jolly good channel it is too. I haven't done anything for ages so I'm going to just post this again :) just hark at those evolution pickups and keeley tubescreamer and compare to Simon's sound muahahaha -
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.