Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Show your Squiers!

What's Hot
NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
edited August 2014 in Guitar
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/A6334BDA-C8FF-471A-A610-2D5CE751C053_zps63vcx9o0.jpg

Didn't realise I had that many!

Top: 
Deluxe Stratocaster

Middle L to R
Standard Telecaster ( was Fat, now skinny Esquire)
Tele Custom II with paisley fabric finish.
Joe Trohman Signature Tele
Vintage Modified Jazzmaster
Showmaster Blackout HSS

front:
Tom Delonge Signature Stratocaster
Standard Stratocaster.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/2C0BA7B9-1CC9-490E-B38D-24577E160B30_zps74rsqivr.jpg
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31366
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Would be great to get a kitty.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    Where is your other one @Gavhaus?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7142
    I flogged it to some shop in north derby - they're selling it on to some chump :D
  • There are an awful lot of grown men on this forum who want a Hello Kitty Squier (myself included).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I'll quite happily swap my Squier Strat Deluxe in Daphne Blue for a Pink or Black Kitty...
    GavHaus said:
    I flogged it to some shop in north derby - they're selling it on to some chump :D
    :-D

I think I have touched a nerve
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Niallmo said:
    I'll quite happily swap my Squier Strat Deluxe in Daphne Blue for a Pink or Black Kitty...
    I wouldn't. That deluxe model is seriously good. Love the neck on those
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited August 2014

This is a mid 80's Japanese Squier that I got new in 1988... I think it was a second as it had a bodged factory repair around the jack socket. It was black but I was bored one day and got out the paint stripper. It was a top-loader, but I converted it to 3-saddle through-body stringing, and haven't liked it as much since.
    Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster with mint scratchplate and TOM-style roller bridge

Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar with replacement Tort scratchplate and Tele knobs
    My other Mascis Jazzmaster with Wilkinson roller bridge, tort and black witch hats.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    I have the GAS for a VM Jag, JM or Tele. My Mrs will kill me if I spend any more real money on guitars so a cheapo is my only possibility.
    I have never owned a Tele and I've been playing since I was 14. At 39 that's starting to feel a bit weird.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    @Samgb

I was in a similar boat of never having played a Tele properly let alone owned one. So I got the Classic Vibe a year ago. I'd highly recommend that or any of the current crop of higher priced Squiers. I think they've really got it right at the moment.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    edited August 2014
    This is my cv50. I really need to stop using flickr I can't work out how to embed a photo from my iPhone, I can only post a link.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/jwsproductions/6347963011/
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1198
    Here's my CV50s. I know, boring, boring, boring. Who needs to see another sunburst strat?

Thing is, I quite like it. I love the perfectly centre-joined, 2-piece body and I like the slightly dark, 50s style burst (no horrible band of red in there). It's lightweight and it sounds great. People moan about the cheap wiring but I find everything seems to work fine. 
    Only negatives are (1) the neck, which although it has the medium-jumbo frets (great) and 9.5" radius (also great) is way too thin and (2) the hideous 3ft thick pickguard. I'm actually tempted to put a three ply, 60s style guard on it, just because you don't often see them on a 2 colour, 50s burst.

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I've only got one, but it's a good'un - my 18th birthday present, a white VM Jazzmaster. Love it.

My dad's got this too - a Korean Strat from some time in the late 80s or early 90s. It's very good. Excuse the hilarious photo quality.

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26742
    edited August 2014
    Mine. Not sure if it counts as a Squier as it's only really a Squier body and jackplate these days (and maybe neck bolts..?)

Stratocaster June 2014
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited August 2014
    I've got one of the VI's... And LOVE it. After a set up it plays as good as it sounds and sounds as good as it looks (which is pretty damn awesome)! http://www.musik-produktiv.co.uk/pic-010069389xl/squier-vintage-modified-bass-vi.jpg
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    edited August 2014
    1982 JV's. The 57 has an anodised guard added. The 62 has a Lollar and I've played it for *cough*20-odd*cough* years.

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom