NGD Santa Cruz H13

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited August 2023
    Yep. The market is crazy now - so many new guitars (how many are needed?) and high-end ones at over £10k, too. 

Halcyon are raved about and the build wait time is 2 - 2.5 years so I thought I'd jump on that train lol
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CastroCastro Frets: 517
    Have you seen these 4 episodes featuring Richard Hoover? Highly informative and entertaining. I'm in the market for a Santa Cruz.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WafflesOnHorsebackWafflesOnHorseback Frets: 116
    edited June 1
    Thanks for that. I had missed that one. 

You should check them out, they are wonderful guitars. I have two (the H13 and a custom 1929 0 Model with custom quilted maple top and binding) and they sound amazing. Richard Hoover is very inspiring - especially when talking about the tonewoods! 
  • Yep. The market is crazy now - so many new guitars (how many are needed?) and high-end ones at over £10k, too. 

Halcyon are raved about and the build wait time is 2 - 2.5 years so I thought I'd jump on that train lol

Have you got your Halcyon yet Thomas?
    Yep. The market is crazy now - so many new guitars (how many are needed?) and high-end ones at over £10k, too. 

Have you got your Halcyon yet Thomas?
    Wait list is close to 3 years and I'm less than a year in... :)
    How's life with the H13?
  • How's life with the H13?

Great! It's a fantastic guitar Thomas. Such a punchy tone. 

Sorry to hear about your Halcyon wait! Think of it like this, in a year's time you'll almost be under a year away :) 
    I tried an H13 once, rosewood - it was really good. If it had been mahogany I probably would have bought it. 

Haha yep - it's given me time to think what I want, though. 
    I hadn't realised they don't do lower-bridge placement 12 frets so I'll be sticking with an OM.
    Lutz top, as is new for me... 
    And was dead set on sapele but given it's so similar to mahogany (which is my fave but I have so much of it) I'm thinking Aussie Blackwood. 

Did you ever do a demo of your H13?
  • Aussie Blackwood would be lovely! Always nice to own a variety of woods. They all have an individual quality.

Not done a demo yet. What I wanted to do was a YT page with guitar demos of really nice acoustics. But then I got too busy. So there is only one on there at the moment but when I get a sec am gonna do one of the H13!

Btw, have you seen Driftwood guitars? Never heard of them till this week. They are amazing! Check the sound of this thing...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Looks and sounds nice, will wait to try one in person !