How do I ... How does this work ... How (etc)

What's Hot

Comments

• gilbygilby Frets: 176
    Ok, using my iphone (my main Internet source), how do I delete the list of my comments, my messages and notifications ? Been playing around and getting no where.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • without trawling through 7 pages - I dont get any notifications re new posts or messages - ive ticked the appropriate boxes in my profile but still nothing...
  • bigdawg said:
    without trawling through 7 pages - I dont get any notifications re new posts or messages - ive ticked the appropriate boxes in my profile but still nothing...
    Neither do I.
    It could be a bug, a conflict between the "General" and "Category" notifications settings.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Mod chappies,

mark123 (mark.mason280@ntlworld.com)

is still having bother logging on, forgot new password and says he's not getting any auto emails in his email.

Ta muchly. He's not having much luck!
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    When I quote somebody, I can't get the stuff I write to appear outside of the box that contains the quote. Tried clicking outside the box, pressing various arrows, enter, tab etc. I have to write inside the quote box so it looks like my writing is part of the quote. Any ideas?
    Use Your Brian
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    edited October 2013
    jd0272 said:
    Mod chappies,

mark123 (mark.mason280@ntlworld.com)

is still having bother logging on, forgot new password and says he's not getting any auto emails in his email.

Ta muchly. He's not having much luck!
    Here's what I mean: Oh, it's working now. Ignore me
    Use Your Brian
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 131
    just been having a look at the off topic threads and I noticed that 'facepalm' was mentioned.....previously I had absolutely no idea what the 'frets', 'facepalm' icons meant.  I'm not sure if I've understood this correctly but does facepalm mean that someone has given you negative feedback for some reason? 

I noticed I has 2 facepalms in my profile and have no real idea what they are, what they mean or how they got there!  Could anyone enlighten me?  Ta......
    just been having a look at the off topic threads and I noticed that 'facepalm' was mentioned.....previously I had absolutely no idea what the 'frets', 'facepalm' icons meant.  I'm not sure if I've understood this correctly but does facepalm mean that someone has given you negative feedback for some reason? 

I noticed I has 2 facepalms in my profile and have no real idea what they are, what they mean or how they got there!  Could anyone enlighten me?  Ta......
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

They were a method of negative feedback. People were being silly with them. The mods learned the valuable axiom, "If a group with a population greater than n is given the opportunity to be silly they will be silly."

n is about four.

They were a method of negative feedback. People were being silly with them. The mods learned the valuable axiom, "If a group with a population greater than n is given the opportunity to be silly they will be silly."

n is about four.

I have to say I think that's worryingly weird.....that people can slag you off anonymously.  I have no problem with someone standing up and saying they have a problem with me if I have the opportunity to be heard.  Very strange.........
  • MaxiMaxi Frets: 13
    edited November 2013
    Sorry guys if this is an old question I did search for it tho .
    How do you guys separate the text your quoting from the text your writing ? Ive tried a few times sometimes it works & sometimes not .
    I dont know what im doing different between attempts but most of the time it just looks like im editing someone elses post after hitting the quote tab . Do write my text at the top , bottom or in a different box? 
    The last attempt looked good could clearly see a separation with the boarders and I.D's but still ended up with my post inside someone elses post once I viewed it back.
    Im feeling pretty stupid at this point because you lot have already worked it out .Or is admin having a laugh ? Well it could happen.....
    Flown the nest .
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    It is a bit erratic.

Just un-indent your text if it happens again using the button that looks like this:

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    Jalapeno said:
    It is a bit erratic.

Just un-indent your text if it happens again using the button that looks like this:

or just add a smilee,  type, then remove the smilee

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    edited November 2013
    Jalapeno said:
    It is a bit erratic.

Unfamiliar with that button never seen it on here.
    Edit:
    Oh face palm Back button
    Flown the nest .
  • Maxi said:

Unfamiliar with that button never seen it on here.
    Edit:
    Oh face palm Back button
    It's called the "Outdent" button here. :)
    I can only up the stakes and run head first into the wall .

Flown the nest .
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Maxi said:
    I can only up the stakes and run head first into the wall .

Please do ......
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited November 2013
    How do I post videos so that they only show as a letterbox and open up to the full viewing window when moused over?
    That would save some real estate when I post 3 or 4 videos.  I currently paste the YouTube address straight into "here", which gives the full viewing window.  Thanks for your help.

• What did you do last night

I don't get little red boxes telling there's been a reply to my threads anymore or that I have a PM ?

• MistyMisty Frets: 135
    edited December 2013
    Although I have ticked the box asking for email notifications when I have a new PM, I'm not getting the emails. They're not in my spam either. Is there anything I need to do?

Thanks.