What's your main bass?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 4942
    edited October 2014
    My only bass is an Aria STB-JB-DX, specs here: http://www.ariaguitars.com/english/products/stb-jb-dx.

Here it is: photo IMG_0292_zps82f45a3f.jpg
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Some nice basses on here. I get the impression that a lot of guitarists like having a plunk on the bass ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Phil_aka_Pip;374461" said:
    Some nice basses on here. I get the impression that a lot of guitarists like having a plunk on the bass ...
    I like a big bottom end. ;)
  • Some nice basses on here. I get the impression that a lot of guitarists like having a plunk on the bass ...
    I started off on guitar but now consider Bass my main (stringed) instrument. 
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 681
    edited October 2014
    I have a rather lovely Kramer Focus K77 that was made briefly in 1983. It was MIJ for Kramer by ESP, and the quality shows.

http://s698.photobucket.com/user/hughes_h/media/KramerFocusK77_zps76c0cb8f.jpg
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Forget my original post, my squier jazz is TOTALLY where it is at now!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus;375807" said:
    It's so beautiful!

How does it sound?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    axisus;375807" said:
    It's so beautiful!

How does it sound?
    I only play at home, and through a Roland Micro cube, but I have to admit that I am pretty satisfied with the sound, the pups are known as being pretty good. My fiddling side wants to swap them out but my head says save yer money!

I'm looking for an East J-retro preamp to drop in and see what I think. I'll probably have a go at some point but only keep it in if it totally rocks.
  • Was recording my parts for my bands new album this week and used the my 1991 USA Ovation B768 Elite bass in the studio for the first time. Absolutely amazing tone,almost upright-like. Sound engineer and band leader hugely impressed with the sound of this bass
    and so am I !
    !image
  • My main bass is my only bass as I can't really justify owning more than one. A 2002 Mexican P Bass which the previous owner replaced the bridge with a Gotoh badass, the pick up with a seymour duncan basslines, the tuners with shallers and the low E with a hipshot drop-D. With all that on board it pretty much does everything I need (or could possibly play).

Some lovely examples of bass pron in this thread though!

"As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6256
    I have a rare as you like SGC Nanyo Bass Collection active p/j like this:

i got it on Beagle's (aka Ian Savage) rec, and have to say, it's ace. Light slim fast neck, great sound too. Made in japan, solid as you like. A real surprise. Got it for a song a few years ago on ebay.
  • BAS - My SUB 'Ray arrived today, feels great to me but I know next to nothing about basses! 

It's one of the active 2-way control models, pretty much untouched other than the replacement pickguard. Had a bit of fun noodling on it this eve, not much rattle from the strings, and the weight isn't as high as I'd feared it might be! :D
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely! And the 2 band active! That's my favourite of the lot I had the 3 band which was excellent but needed tweaking...

I love them in black or white. They look fabulous, really suit the matte finish.
  • The finish is great, I really like the texture they applied to it, and the painted neck feels good too. Tempted to drop either an MOP pickguard onto it, or a weird printed one from that guy who posted here recently. The black's cool, but it's a bit stealth-like atm!
  • guitargeek62;403042" said:
    The finish is great, I really like the texture they applied to it, and the painted neck feels good too. Tempted to drop either an MOP pickguard onto it, or a weird printed one from that guy who posted here recently. The black's cool, but it's a bit stealth-like atm!
    It's nicer than the shitty aluminium foil one mine had!

Luckily, plenty of people were making replacement guards. I never bothered.

They're just brilliant basses - and a real, genuine shame they were discontinued. Rumour is they hurt sales of the premium lines, I'm not sure I believe that - the higher end models, at the very least, looked much more classic.

The modern look works, though. I'm keeping an eye out for a 2 band active white one, and will buy if I see one because I'm sure it'll be a classic.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2324
    edited November 2014
    Nice Musicman @guitargeek62 :D