Opinions please on the Fender BXR 200 Bass combo

RockerRocker Frets: 4947
There is one in a Cash Converters shop not far from where I live.  Not too expensive but is it any 'good' or is there better out there?  I missed out on two Roland Cube 30 bass combos in the past week..... It will be early January at best before I get the energy to get out and start haggling but the Fender BXR 200 is available now.  What do you guys think of the BXR 200?  Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've played one in a rehearsal room a few times - didn't like it much to be honest. Have no idea what they cost but there's probably better options out there...
  • Again, played one in practice rooms a few times. 

Alright for sounding like Peter Hook, but nothing special really. However they are loud enough for keeping up with a band and seemed really solid. 

If its particularly cheap then grab it, otherwise there probably are "better" out there. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    As UnclePsychosis said - loud, solid, heavy, reliable (apart from the jacks, although fairly easy to repair), not very inspiring sound. Should be cheap - probably not far over £100 really, £200 is definitely too much now, you can buy better stuff for that sort of money.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson