Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

TheFretboard "Cool Wall'

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30824
    CONTROVERSY POST

Anything with fake wear is uncool. 

Yay or nay? I think real wear = cool (regardless of how it looks, it's real and has a story) whereas fake wer is like taking a saxo and putting a body kit on it. 

Contraversial.

I'd respond by saying Cunetto's are the only cool relics as they were the first (and I have one).

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Seriously uncool - Suhr Moderns
    Uncool - Music Man/Men of any sort
    Cool - Trussart
    In the fridge - my 335
  • CONTROVERSY POST

Yay or nay? I think real wear = cool (regardless of how it looks, it's real and has a story) whereas fake wer is like taking a saxo and putting a body kit on it. 

Nah. Most things with fake wear are uncool (factory-churned stuff like Roadworns and Fender Heavy relics), but not all. 

Exhibit A for the defense

Cabronita-3
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Low: Live at Colorado College:

Treat yourself, wanna feel like you've just used Original Shower Gel Mint flavour, or indeed eaten am ice cream with your arse? 

Then look here for the first three minutes at least.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^ Ice Cold. Fact.

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    That tiny little amp making such a noise. Wonderful.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    OK a few nominations...

AVRI 62 Jazzmaster with added Mastery, Mojo custom winds and a Staytrem arm. Pictured with vintage Korg synth and Micropops, plus Vampower for added icicles...

Fender MIJ Jaguar in CAR with matching headstock, AVRI pickups, Mastery, AVRI trem

No longer mine but I'm sure @stonevibe won't mind... Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the mighty Jeleguar (Oil City pickups, custom body, AVRI trem, Staytrem bridge, Allparts neck...)

Final one for now... the 1972 Tele partser. Sadly I can't find the picture of it being swung through a drumkit on stage at CBGB's before I owned it... its seen life. Lots of it.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @impmann

Whilst I think Sunbeam's are very cool, what on earth is sporting about that?

0-60 in 16 seconds. You'd time its laps with a calendar.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Wrong forum, my friend. :-) But suffice to say, its about how it goes through the twisties - and look at what cars are doing well in the HSCC races against titans like the Lotus Cortinas to see what can be achieved.

• Gassage said:
    CONTROVERSY POST

Contraversial.

I'd respond by saying Cunetto's are the only cool relics as they were the first (and I have one).
    Hmm... I actually think I agree.  If they were the original idea, then it's quite a cool thing.  

But they won't go anywhere near the fridge. 
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428

A thread about what is cool, is automatically is uncool  .....  :P

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • @impmann do you know a lot about synths? 

I've been listening to a lot of warpaint recently and it's made me quite fancy one. 
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    edited December 2014

Seriously Uncool - Most superstrats and weird pointy stuff (not BC rich, they somewhere between uncool and cool)

Uncool - most superstrats and other functional guitars...Strats in general, PRS's

Cool - Flying V's, Explorers, LP standards (no fancy tops), Iceman's, Yammy SG's, Ibanez Artists, Jazz masters, jaguars, and of course Tele's

Ice Cold - 70's Silverburst LP, LP Customs especially white (old ones that age into a nice cream), Black SG's with bat wing pickguards, Gretsch White Falcon

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @impmann do you know a lot about synths? 

I've been listening to a lot of warpaint recently and it's made me quite fancy one. 
    @GavHaus might be your man for that
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    @samzadgan so you'd rate the SG on the right then? Its my fave SG and will probably go in my coffin.

Not as much as guitars, but a bit. I don't know anything by Warpaint, though... 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

@impmann...those are purdy! but my ideal is this one...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^ Ice cool

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • They use Nord synths live, and most of the record will be soft synths I think. A Roland Juno would be where my money would go if I were buying... Or an old Moog Opus etc. My band uses a lot of synth, but ours is all programmed.
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 733
     7 string Jazz(ish)Master, I built to my own specs in 2014.

"Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2014
    7 string guitars are seriously uncool. And, if you are shorter than me I'm doing a Hammond on you and putting this right at the top if the Uncool wall so you can't reach it.

The only guitar with more strings than it should have that's cool is a Fender Bass VI.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom