Line 6 bass POD

ROOGROOG Frets: 554
Is there any thing out there like a line 6 bass POD? I note that they have stopped making them.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    I suspect the market for them dropped when added the extra model packs back in the xt days so you could have a regular pod with the bass models and then various plugins as more people moved into using pc's to record. 
    The closest I can think of would be the tech21 pedals/rack (or the aquilar preamp pedal etc) with the di'd bass sound but I can't of a hardware box that models several amps and is dedicated to bass.
  • I think the Behringer V-amp had bass models. There's a few on ebay at the moment.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23940
    Get yourself a used Bass pod XT

Superb bit of kit and pretty cheap on ebay.

Alas the new POD HD only has 1 bass amp model on it - and it's shit. The XT version was far far better.
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 554

I did have a rummage about on t'internet and spotted the Behringer V-amp, but it seemed to get a bit of a beating on the bass forums, not sure if this was just snobbery, but a few people said that they were unacceptably noisy?

I keep an eye open for a used XT, is that still a  kidney shaped pod or is it a rack mounted beastie?

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I have a POD XT bean which I'm about to put up for sale if you're interested. Immaculate condition with the box, manual, power supply plus all the model packs including the Bass Pack.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Actually you should buy this if you just want bass .. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Line-6-bass-pod-xt-/281552859286?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item418ddbb096

They were excellent units ..

edited January 2015
    Fretwired said:
    Actually you should buy this if you just want bass .. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Line-6-bass-pod-xt-/281552859286?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item418ddbb096

That is the type of thing that I had in mind as I want it for bass use only, how does that differ from the POD XT incl bass pack? Does the bass specific unit cover more bass amp and effects models?

ROOG said:
    Fretwired said:

That is the type of thing that I had in mind as I want it for bass use only, how does that differ from the POD XT incl bass pack? Does the bass specific unit cover more bass amp and effects models?

The bass pack adds the bass/cabinet models from the Bass POD XT to the standard POD XT bean. If you only want bass then get a Bass POD XT as they will be cheaper than an XT with all the model packs and the unit is designed as a dedicated bass amp modeller.

• I'd wait until NAMM before you make a decision about buying anything.   I'm pretty sure there will be something new from Line 6 coming out in terms of PODs....
    Fretwired said:
    ROOG said:
    Fretwired said:

The bass pack adds the bass/cabinet models from the Bass POD XT to the standard POD XT bean. If you only want bass then get a Bass POD XT as they will be cheaper than an XT with all the model packs and the unit is designed as a dedicated bass amp modeller.

Cheers @Fretwired; I note that most effects manufacturers claim that their bass 'pedals' are bass "tuned" so I wouldn't doubt that the same would apply to PODs.

As usual I start off looking for some thing cheap and as my horizons broaden so the price rises!

• Have you checked out the zoom B3?
  • I'd wait until NAMM before you make a decision about buying anything.   I'm pretty sure there will be something new from Line 6 coming out in terms of PODs....

@bingerfeller how sure?

Has any info been released?
    I'd wait until NAMM before you make a decision about buying anything.   I'm pretty sure there will be something new from Line 6 coming out in terms of PODs....

@bingerfeller how sure?

Has any info been released?
    I think it unlikely that any new PODs will be released given the discussions on Line 6's ideas website between Line 6 developers and users. The discussions seem to be focused on improvements to the current range. I also think Line 6's developers will be spending time at Yamaha/Steinberg to see how the companies could work together - Yamaha/Steinberg have some amazing tech that Line 6 could use.

Nothing much happened when Yamaha took over Steinberg and then boom - new products, major updates with Steinberg getting access to Yamaha tech such as amp modelling, hight-end VST plugins, mic-pres for their soundcards and so on.

Could be exiting times for Line 6.

UnclePsychosis;467287" said:
    Have you checked out the zoom B3?

Oh yes that's a thought

• The B3 is really excellent, I've got one and liked it so much I bought a G3 for my guitar!
  • @icbm also liked the b3 a lot as I recall