PSA: Cheap Eden amps at Andertons

John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
This weekend Andirons have an offer for some cheap eden combo's    link

3 180W combo's all at £179.   Probably a bit short on volume for rock gigs but I might grab a 2x10 while they are on offer.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2326
    Red Dog has them too. exact same timeframe for the deal as well, IIRC. Sounds like it's coming from the manufacturer maybe?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Dave_Mc said:
    Red Dog has them too. exact same timeframe for the deal as well, IIRC. Sounds like it's coming from the manufacturer maybe?
    Could be - definitely odd for two shops to have the same short term deal.    Reviews look ok but nothing amazing - but at that price they are tempting.
    Yeah. I've never tried them, I just got emails from both shops earlier. :))
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23939
    Eden are now owned by Marshall.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    Eden are now owned by Marshall.
    That seemed like an odd business decision. OK, Marshall have never exactly been renowned for their bass amps… but replacing their own amps (which all appear to be discontinued now - they're still on the website if you do a search but the write-ups are all past tense) with a completely unassociated brand which has not had the best reputation for quality and reliability in recent years doesn't strike me as the right solution.

If they're blowing these out as well I could see Marshall simply closing the operation and getting out of the bass amp business entirely.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

^ I was wondering why Marshall didn't have any bass amps on its site any more. That explains it, I guess.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    Dave_Mc said:
    I was wondering why Marshall didn't have any bass amps on its site any more. That explains it, I guess.
    Yes. All gone… read the product descriptions:

http://www.marshallamps.com/search/bass

A shame - particularly for the VBA400 - although if they weren't selling then I can see why.

I actually wonder if they should reissue some of their *vintage* bass amps - I know modern bass players wouldn't touch them with a bargepole - or at least not as a main amp, some might want to use them for a specific fuzzy tone in a multi-amp rig - but quite a few guitarists use them as well… Malcolm Young, Adam Jones and John Frusciante are three (very different) ones who use the Super Bass 100, and Frusciante uses a Major as well. The Major could be a viable stand-alone bass amp, too. Kill two birds with one product range - or three if they did a Model 1986 50W Bass (Paul Kossoff's favourite amp) as well…

Sorry, bit of a thread diversion from Eden!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    I've got a superbass and it does sound fantastic with guitar.   I've got a jcm800 bass head as well and that sounds awesome but doesn't give that modern super clean sound - it does what it does really well.     Marshall could easily get back into making bass amps if they made something that sounded good and is reliable.  I'd love them to do the same for guitar though - I love all my old marshals -6 70's/80's amps in the house at the moment  but I can't imagine buying a new one.

As for the eden - I've nearly clicked buy a couple of times - the reviews look like they sound ok, I just question whether they have enough volume and can't see many long term reliability type reviews.
    ICBM said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    I was wondering why Marshall didn't have any bass amps on its site any more. That explains it, I guess.
    Yes. All gone… read the product descriptions:

http://www.marshallamps.com/search/bass

A shame - particularly for the VBA400 - although if they weren't selling then I can see why.

I actually wonder if they should reissue some of their *vintage* bass amps - I know modern bass players wouldn't touch them with a bargepole - or at least not as a main amp, some might want to use them for a specific fuzzy tone in a multi-amp rig - but quite a few guitarists use them as well… Malcolm Young, Adam Jones and John Frusciante are three (very different) ones who use the Super Bass 100, and Frusciante uses a Major as well. The Major could be a viable stand-alone bass amp, too. Kill two birds with one product range - or three if they did a Model 1986 50W Bass (Paul Kossoff's favourite amp) as well…

Sorry, bit of a thread diversion from Eden!
    Thanks. :) I haven't tried any of them, just when I was thinking of getting a teeny bass practice amp a few weeks ago (gone off the idea now :)) ), I thought Marshall maybe did some, and I went looking on the website and couldn't find any :))