SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Practice amp

ElwoodElwood Frets: 452
edited October 2013 in Amps £
Looking for something with a nice clean and high gainnfor home use.

1watt or something solid state
Combo or head only

Something like an HT-1 metal/ID-15, THR10x or similar would be wonderful.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• birdobirdo Frets: 24
    Kustom defender 5 watt. All valve , nice cleans but you may need a pedal for high gain. I do have a tech 21 oxford pedal that I could put in but not sure if that would give high enough gain for you. Let me know if you re interested.
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 452
    Very interesting mate, i've dropped you a pm.

• ElwoodElwood Frets: 452
    Still looking :)

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    edited October 2013
    For home use I prefer small solid state amps - light weight to move about and more consistent tone/ response over a wide range of volume requirements. The difference between "Quiet enough not to wake the missus", "Quiet enough not to drown out the telly", "A mate came over, let's have a jam" and "Everyone's out, let's rock out!" is too much on any valve amp I've tried and at low volume I consider them to be total wastes of time. Much more fun rocking a Crate, Peavey or Pathfinder in that kind of situation.

But my attitude might be defined by being in a gigging band that has a rented practice space - I can always go there and crank a big valve amp when I want to.