New (Old) Bass Day.

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23906
About 15 years ago I had a Status Energy 4 string. I gigged the shit out of it and it was getting a bit battered so I bought another one.

But the original one needed a refret (at least) so I spoke to Status and decided that I wanted a fretless. Converting a phenolic fingerboard to fretless is a nightmare to the point that it is cheaper to get a new neck built. So that's what I did. I got a brand new fretless neck.

And I gigged it and loved it.

Then somewhere between 2 and 3 years ago I sold it. I regretted it ever since. The chap I sold it to sold it on and it went to Spain. When I discovered that I offered to buy it back but he said no as he was gigging it loads and loved it.

He eventually sold it but I didn't find out until it got back to the UK about a year ago. The new owner played it loads and has bought a very posh new fretless because of it.

Last week he offered me first refusal.

I now have it back!!

It's still in amazing condition. Not a mark on the neck. Few extra scratches on the body which don't worry me in the slightest.

I need to get my preferred strings back on it (La Bella Deep Talkin' Flats) but it is sounding fantastic already.

I never thought I'd see it again, so I am very happy indeed!

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    good gas that man 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2324
    wow very nice :D
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Nice bass, and nice story! And exactly the correct number of frets. ;)
  • XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    Good work mate. I just just tracked down and reclaimed my Epiphone Riviera after 16 years, and it's a good feeling to have it back :-)
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom