SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: EVH 5150 50 Watt Amp Head Ivory £650 SOLD

What's Hot
electricfurnaceelectricfurnace Frets: 37
edited November 2013 in Amps £
Immaculate condition with original box and manual.

£650+delivery.

PM please

Ta
Current Gear: 2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic, Charvel So Cal, 1999 Gibson SG Standard, 2008 Fender Road Worn Strat, 2008 Fender Road Worn Telecaster, Partscaster SRV-lookalike Strat, Martin D28, Gretsch Jim Dandy, Kemper Profiler and Kemper Kab, Marshall JCM800 2203 (Dan Gower modded), Marshall 1960A w/Greenbacks, Positive Grid Spark Mini, various pedals and recording gear!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    I expect this to last all of 5 seconds!
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Typical that a week after I buy one, there's one for sale here...  the real question is - have you got the matching 2x12 cab you want to sell me?
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 823
    edited October 2013
    Wehey John good call! >:D<

• Doubt it at that price!
    Mate, don't be a d*ck trying to mess up peoples for sale threads. If you don't like the price, don't come on the thread.

Current Gear: 2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic, Charvel So Cal, 1999 Gibson SG Standard, 2008 Fender Road Worn Strat, 2008 Fender Road Worn Telecaster, Partscaster SRV-lookalike Strat, Martin D28, Gretsch Jim Dandy, Kemper Profiler and Kemper Kab, Marshall JCM800 2203 (Dan Gower modded), Marshall 1960A w/Greenbacks, Positive Grid Spark Mini, various pedals and recording gear!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Amp is immaculate, sorry I don't have the cab unfortunately!

Will consider trades for a Gibbo Les Paul + cash your way!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209

Doubt it at that price!
    Mate, don't be a d*ck trying to mess up peoples for sale threads. If you don't like the price, don't come on the thread.

Indeed.  Breaks Rule #1 - "Don't be a dick".  Please refrain from posting unhelpful comments in other people's ads.  Thanks.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I do agree that a lot of things are overpriced for the going market on here and people do need to be more realistic but there is the saying (which supports both sides of the argument) that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

For this though I don't think £650 as an asking price (which is ALWAYS negotiable) is too much of a stretch. They are THE in demand high gain amp at the moment and are flying off the shelves at £800 new. If it wasn't in such demand then yes, I'd expect to see more depreciation than that but they are so the prospective buyers are there.

Also I don't agree with undermining sales like this. A friendly PM would have done.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    One mans undermining is another mans "thanks for the heads up buddy!" - guess it depends on what side of the deal you're on!

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    Bollocks
    You are aware I'm a moderator here aren't you ?  ....and you are in breach of Rule #1.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    I am very aware of who you are mate but frankly really I don't give a toss. Feel free to bar me if you feel the need to electronically flex your muscles. Bottom line is it's an ambitious price from someone who has recently joined to sell gear and not bothered to take part in any other aspects of the forum. You decide.
    It's his right to charge what he likes for something, and your right not to buy it. If you think there is a problem with a advert flag it and a mod will look at it.
  • I am very aware of who you are mate but frankly really I don't give a toss. Feel free to bar me if you feel the need to electronically flex your muscles. Bottom line is it's an ambitious price from someone who has recently joined to sell gear and not bothered to take part in any other aspects of the forum. You decide.
    It's his right to charge what he likes for something, and your right not to buy it. If you think there is a problem with a advert flag it and a mod will look at it.

Thanks to those who have replied. Considering the amp is immaculate and are heavily in demand, I don't think the price is unfair.

rockmomnster, with regards to your comment "someone who has recently joined to sell gear and not bothered to take part in any other aspects of the forum."

This does not help anyone. Further, I was an active member of MusicRadar before it closed down, and have come across to this forum as I understood it was a replacement of sorts. So your comments are unfounded.

If you don't like the price - stay off the thread, please.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Ooh dear. I seen this and thought about you @John_P!

In other news, OOH DEAR!  This thread got a little bit lairy. 

• Bump it up!
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    got a bit lairy and one of the most prominent members of this forum got banned...

got a bit lairy and one of the most prominent members of this forum got banned...
    To be fair it was a very weird outburst and completely out of character from what I've seen......
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    Shame that.  I like Rod alot and have only ever had pleasant dealings with him.  It wasn't him that started with the personal insults, either....

*takes cover*
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    i feel like starting a bring back Rod campaign, but fear getting binned myself, as it's all getting a bit TGP round here of late...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1462
    edited October 2013
    I think it is more TGP writing the word bollocks and slating someones for sale thread to be honest. He was clearly being a dick.

Any other trades considered on the amp btw?
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    i feel like starting a bring back Rod campaign, but fear getting binned myself, as it's all getting a bit TGP round here of late...
    You wouldn't get banned for that. ;)
  • Will consider doing a deal for the EVH plus cash your way for an Axe FX , Gibson Les Paul's, Orange 2x12, Mesa 4x12......

Can we leave the "bring back Rod" situation where it is or move it to a different thread please? Don't mean to be a dick but this is a for sale thread. Thanking you :)