SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Mooer Little monster, valve, L-Pad and 2x10 cab. Price drop!

ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7472
edited November 2013 in Amps £
£140 FOR THE HEAD AND BITS
£50 CAB

So it's a fantastic sounding amp. I love it, honestly. It sounds just like an ac30, it's quite uncanny, and is great for practice (especially with the attenuator) or recording or even rehearsal (I had it keep up with a drummer through this cab when jamming some lighter overdriven funk). The attenuator is a home made 50 watt l pad which is fine, it's good for knocking a few dbs off and can get to bedroom volume at extremes for crazy driven tones. I'd include the cables to connect it all up and a spare el84 too.

However, I'm all about metal and rock, and I need a master volume gainy amp. I'd trade for a Peavey bandit transtube (I like all of the transtube models, including the newest Chinese made one), or a 6505+ combo or a similar gainy combo with master volume.

The cab is a Laney gs210 older version. Comes with hh speakers, which are British made but a bit naff. They actually sound better than the 12 inch drivers, and I have used them at jams and small gigs. The cab is in good nick and is well built, would be a decent candidate for a speaker upgrade to jensen c10q perhaps.

So, anyone wanna record top quality ac30 style tones?

Just an edit: I'm based in Cambridgeshire.  I also have had a look at the guts and it looks like a solid, well made PCB - not a horribly thin, flimsy one.  So hopefully should last - I've had no issues, asides from with the attenuator which, at extreme settings, will sometimes raise then lower the volume a bit.  Basically, because it's linear, a tiny change can make a fair amount of difference to volume at extreme settings so this is where it's confused as to where it is on that setting :) Not a real problem at all.  I've just checked the valve seating and it's solid, and obviously I use it every day on minor and heavy attenuation with pedals and it works perfectly. Will come with a spare el84, too, unused.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7472
    edited November 2013
  • Due to impending amp, I'm happy to split these. So, this bumpcomes with new prices. 140 squids for the head and a spare el84 and the attenuator thing? Cab, 50 quid? Feel free to hit me with an offer folks, worst I can do is say no :) Top class ac30 style tones to be had from this palm sized (well, nearly) beast.
  • The ad goes up, the price goes down.  £130 delivered for the head and bits and bobs?  Might have a 12ax7 to throw in, too.
  • As a bizarre option, I'd also consider a trade for a Boss PS-6 Harmonist.  
    edited November 2013
    Bump and price drop to £125 delivered?
  • This will be my last sorta offer thing before I take it to the local GAS shop for pedal trades. I would consider pedals in trade - make me an offer of any stompboxes you don't like, and I'll consider! Drive pedals need not apply, but eq, boost, chorus/Modulation and delay would be fantastic.
  • swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
    Timmy?
  • swlabr;88476" said:
    Timmy?
    Sorry mate, I'm a bit gutted but I don't dig transparent od type tones. I've already got a nice od pedal that works for low to medium gain sounds, too. :( thanks for the offer though!
    edited November 2013
    Just to give a few ideas of pedals I love and would consider either a straight swap of the head and bits or swap plus a bit of cash my way:

Memory Boy
    Memory Boy Deluxe
    VS H2O (V2)
    Vox Time Machine
    Zoom MS70CDR
    Hardwire Delay and specials
    TC Flashback and specials

Realistically, I guess I'm just listing time based effects here... I have a phaser that sounds great (joyo one knob thing) in the loop, and I don't need drive, compression or distortion (this amp has plenty, though I might experiment a bit). 

Have at me! Amp should probably come with a spare power and pre valve, and a Marshall speaker cable, to boot.
  • Ooo Ooo Ooo thought of one more thing I'd consider, a microphone for recording geetar. Hit me up with any offers you like, or just cash - I'll consider anything, just want this tiny little amp to get used!