Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

music-outlet-shop on eBay

What's Hot
BucketBucket Frets: 7751
Just looking through their guitars... boy there's some fucking rubbish on there.

Where do they find this stuff, the bottom of a canal?
- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    iirc that's the shop that in the past always had pics of guitars on a distinctive tiled floor?    They were pretty infamous for overpriced tat and bodged guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bucket;915297" said:
    You don't appreciate the vintage vibe mate.

'' looks ROUGH ...but plays & sounds just FINE !'' :-S
  • Just check out...

This

This

This

This

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Always stear clear of any ebay seller that uses that many font sizes and colours in the description text
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71952
    Every piece of hacked old rubbish in Europe seems to end up there at laughable prices.

That said, I know of a couple of people who have dealt with them and say they're very open to negotiation - they know full well they're way over the top, but I assume they often get slightly more than what would be normally though of as a realistic price when someone really wants something and has a project in mind.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    edited December 2015
    Jalapeno said:
    Isn't that neck split and repaired ? 
    Yes. They say so in the description too - they're always honest, from what I've seen.

I wouldn't pay a tenth of what they want, but I have underestimated the willingness of some people to pay over the odds for some things many times in the past, and I expect to in the future.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Not exactly a business that goes out their way to help themselves. The descriptions could be accurate but you'd never know from some of the pictures what exactly you were buying. Saying that, I doubt that they actually sell much as I see the same guitars up for sale, year in year out.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    You don't appreciate the vintage vibe mate.

'' looks ROUGH ...but plays & sounds just FINE !'' :-S
    Until the pickups fall out...
  • I think the clue is in this statement -

"All guitar are Phillips Cleartone Conversions that unfortunately did not survive the surgery."

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My favourite Ebay seller is Flower Pot Guy.

How he gets people to pay those prices for some basic stuff is beyond me. 

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    shysters. 
    Not exactly a business that goes out their way to help themselves. The descriptions could be accurate but you'd never know from some of the pictures what exactly you were buying. Saying that, I doubt that they actually sell much as I see the same guitars up for sale, year in year out.
    My guess is that they have a large warehouse somewhere and don't care too much. If the storage cost is low and they paid almost nothing for any of it, whatever does sell - even at much less than the advertised price - is essentially free money.

I know someone like that with amps.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I was actually unfortunately enough to buy a guitar from this ebay seller. music-outlet-shop  Frank Schauer or Matthias Wulfert is the name on the business in Köln Germany.  The entire experience with this seller was awful in the end.  Not only was the guitar completely broken due to poor packaging, but it turned out to be a counterfeit on top of that. After I filed a complaint he then falsely reported me to ebay and blocked me in an attempt to keep my money. Now that I researched him I can see that there are nightmare stories about him, his shady business dealings and overpriced guitars all over the internet. Wish I had checked his ebay username on google first before buying from him. He kept repeating himself over and over again.  So maybe he has a mental illness or something.  But still he shouldn't be selling on a professional marketplace.  music-outlet-shop does not belong in the musical instrument world. Period  It's impressive how many people have actually left his good feedback.  Maybe they were lucky..  I've never had a worse buying experience in my life..
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    I wonder if they are the German arm of the Harrison empire...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited April 2016
    This person's experience seems to have been less than ideal

Edit: @harryseven posted the same link
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    My favourite Ebay seller is Flower Pot Guy.

How does he think he can charge $450 for a 20 watt Valvestate!
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1737
    My favourite Ebay seller is Flower Pot Guy.

How does he think he can charge $450 for a 20 watt Valvestate!

A quick scan of his listing had me in stitches.

Cheered me up that did - thanks guys