Any idea where to sell a Lord of the Rings replica sword?! HA! EDIT: Now with pics!

What's Hot
colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 395
edited April 2017 in Off Topic
So I'll be clearing the rest of my shite out from my parents place as they're re-decorating and, you know, I'm 32 so probably shouldn't expect them to store my stuff...

Anyway, when Lord of the Rings made its first round of the movie theatres I was gifted a proper licensed replica, forged in metal and everything, of Aragorn's sword Anduril. This must be a good 12 years ago now. I didn't know what to do with it at the time, and I still don't now!

I'm going to sell it, but no idea where. I don't really know what it's worth either. Obviously I'm thinking it could fund some pedals!!

Anyone got any idea how and where I'd sell it? Sorry for such a random question? (we're in Off Topic after all )

EDIT: Now with pics! Behold: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6KkRbq-b6BiLUlELVZyUVFGYm8

Mum says the blade is itself is in need of a polish but otherwise is in mint condish. Looks like the display plaque has been a bit tarnished though.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    Middle Earth?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    There are sword forums around you could check.

I had a quick look and at one site there's a version of Anduril for £220 brand new.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @snakemanStoo Oooooohhhh nice. Which site was that?
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    There's a saddo at my work who might be interested.
    17reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @crunchman send him my way!
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Condition if coverd in Orc's blood expect to get more :-)

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    crunchman said:
    There's a saddo at my work who might be interested.
    hahahahahahaha!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15511
    edited April 2017

is it used?

EDIT: serious note, would love to have something like that (I'm am a sad nerd type for that kinda thing, I'm not ashamed) but don't have the ready moolah. GLWS etc.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    It is genuinely forged in Imladris or is it a far-eastern knockoff Chanduril?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Given the tone of the thread not sure if these enquiries are serious (and I don't blame you) but I shall answer seriously:

@VimFuego it has been displayed in a hall way for most of its life. No orcs or any other creatures have been hewn by it's blade (that I know of)

@CabbageCat It is a licensed replica by United Cutlery. There might be a certificate somewhere.

And, for you lore nerds, this is Anduril the reforged blade of Narsil, as wielded by Aragorn, son of Arathorn, King of Gondor.

And, in a timely fashion, I just got me Ma to send me some pictures! Behold: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6KkRbq-b6BiLUlELVZyUVFGYm8

She says the blade is itself is in need of a polish but otherwise is in mint condish. Looks like the display plaque has been a bit tarnished though.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'd give you £50 for it if you were local. Could probably be of some use on the allotment.
  • @CabbageCat I appreciate the sentiment. I'm hoping, given that you can't buy these new anymore (I think) that I might be able to get considerably more...
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28361
    It is a licensed replica by United Cutlery. 
    I like the understatement implied by calling such an item "cutlery".
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @CabbageCat I appreciate the sentiment. I'm hoping, given that you can't buy these new anymore (I think) that I might be able to get considerably more...
    No prob. A trowel would probably be easier to use anyway.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    @CabbageCat I appreciate the sentiment. I'm hoping, given that you can't buy these new anymore (I think) that I might be able to get considerably more...
    Yes, but if Sauron and his minions came to trample on your cabbage, a trowel wouldn't be any good would it?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejay said:
    Yes, but if Sauron and his minions came to trample on your cabbage, a trowel wouldn't be any good would it?
    Depends if it's the Mythril Trowel of Endor
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15511
    don't underestimate the ferocity of a cornered gardener. Samwise Gamgee was a gardener and look what he achieved.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

kaypeejay said:

I already have Glamdring for that. I just needed something for making a hole to put seed potatoes in.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Sporky said:
    It is a licensed replica by United Cutlery. 
    I like the understatement implied by calling such an item "cutlery".
    What else are you supposed to eat a goblin's head with? Which makes me think, did Aragorn have a matching fork nobody, not even Tolkien, knows about?
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    edited April 2017
    Is it the kind that glows, when drummers are near?

edit: make that keyboard players
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom