Post your Blood Pressure readings

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
edited July 2017 in Off Topic
Since my partner's Father passing, she has become obsessed with me monitoring my blood pressure. I am doing it 2 or 3 times a day and it is all over the shop. Goes from 130 to 145+ and been as low as 119 and as high as 167... but averages around 135....

What's yours?

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/4131382/images/o-BLOOD-PRESSURE-MONITOR-facebook.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    129/77 last time I had it checked. To be honest, no idea if that is good or bad, but the person doing it didn't seem concerned.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Usually it's around 80/120.

I once had it so massively high (summat ridiculous like 150/200) and a heart rate of 190 (I was slightly unwell) that I had to have my heart checked for damage.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    Oh shit - I'm not on that chart.  Am I dead already?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28190
    edited July 2017
    Nitefly said:

I don't know the answer to that, but I'm wondering where my blazer, slacks, and walking stick are. I must be getting forgetful in my old age.

Those shoes do look comfy though - from Hotter at a guess.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Yeah, should my walking stick be Maple or Mahogany?  Will I need a CITES chit?
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    I have no pulse, so no blood pressure.

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10272

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Stop checking so often!  She's probably making yours much higher because of her anxiety about it!

Eating healthily and exercising regularly will extend your life. Obsessively checking your blood pressure will likely shorten it.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    yeah, seriously don't be doing it 2-3 times a day!

Mine is always on the cusp of high, around that 142/88 mark. Never been advised to take tablets though. My heart rate is under 50 if very relaxed, in other words when the wife and kids are out of the house.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Nitefly said:

Image has been cropped and the lower line "count everyday as a blessing" is missing.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    120/80 last tested 4 weeks ago + cholesterol all fine. He said I have the blood pressure of a young man (I'm mid 60's) I said how come  I have a soft inch in the middle of me knob then!.
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    FX_Munkee said:
    Nitefly said:

Image has been cropped and the lower line "count everyday as a blessing" is missing.

Had to give you a Wiz for that @FX_Munkee ;;;; (and a LOL for @Nitefly too) given my recent heart attack ** (<click to read thread)

@Emp_Fab has a good point too "She's probably making yours much higher because of her anxiety about it!"

Me?  I have to monitor mine ATM, and it is a learning curve I must say.  There are definitely relationships with high BP and stressful life situations / events.  Next time she niggles away at you, just pop the 
    cuff on and take a reading, if it is suitably high, say "see, I told you so", or pop the cuff on her, she might be surprised how a little "domestic" raises both of your health risks.

"Now, about that new guitar dear..."    

BTW, thanks for posting the BP chart, I hadn't seen that one.

Cholesterol is fine, blood sugar levels are fine, as are liver and kidney functions, thankfully.  Blood pressure was the causal factor**, and that's because life has been a complete and utter shit storm for the last few years.  One reason I took up playing the guitar again, it is either therapy (or I need it), and there is great company on here.

I seem to have a very low resting heart rate, around 44bpm usually, and it has been as low as 36bpm, so I must be about as chilled as a chilled thing  (or dead!) ...  D    

FYI mine has come down to as low as 120/67 at 48bpm recently, averages (median) probably around 140/85 at 44bpm, with the occasional excursion up to 170/100 @44bpm.  I am however, probably not surprisingly, on a bunch of meds**, which are a total head-fuck.  I didn't take them just so I had a clear head when I went in to see the doctor a couple of weeks back, and he measured 216 / 110 at 45bpm, oops !

When I saw my mates straight after, one said I shouldn't be standing, the other just put his fingers in his ears, presumably just in case I went "pop"  

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24274
    300 / lard
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962

If it's gonna take a while I'll read it twice

Image result for postman pat book

tae be or not tae be
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    I check mine with a good quality monitor (an Omron) about once a week.

Last time it was 114/64 - which for a 53 year old bloke is very good.

I recently had an EGC before having an operation and was told my resting heart-rate was on the 'very healthy' side of normal.

Two and a half years ago, my BP was 157/114 - stroke/heart-attack levels, if not dealt with. I've brought about the reduction with diet (I've lost about 3 stone) and exercise - I walk a lot and track my steps. I'm not on any medication. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited July 2017
    1st of the month I do a BP check.
    Usually about the 120/70.  (Normotensive for my age.)
    It had crept up a bit earlier this year (130/80 ish).  Funnily enough so had my weight...  BMI 26ish
    BMI is now kosher -- easy weight reduction, ask me how haha; so is my BP.

The Oh Shit meh bit:  My dad, gawd rest his soul, died of a CVA; my eldest son is boogieing along on one kidney -- my dad didn't have a clue about his BP till it was too late; my son just gets a gentle "1st of the month" reminder from me, and cos he's young and daft he'll get it for a while yet. 
    But for you:  For the sake of a £25 Omron (I guess other makes are available but that's exactly what I use) it's the easiest thing in the world to check your BP.  No excuse.  Biggest bang for the buck health care objective measurement going.
    My rule of thumb is, "three flaky readings and I'll go and chat with my GP."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Grunfeld said:
    <EDIT>
    My rule of thumb is, "three flaky readings and I'll go and chat with my GP."
    same thoughts.....

BUT I did have two EE errors in a row the other day - that made me nervous!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    octatonic said:
    1200/6.
    *You* are the Doctor, two hearts, etc, etc,   ~  and I claim my free Tardis       >-)