Post your Blood Pressure readings

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24385
    Oh dear.  I have discovered something that has me a bit worried.  I was feeling rather odd and very tired this afternoon, so took my BP, on my left arm as always.  Pretty low - 96/60-something.  I then did it again on my right arm... 121/76.

I have repeated the measurements several times and although the last one was a lot closer, my right arm is still significantly higher than my left.

I then did the daft thing of googling it.  

Well, it was nice knowing you all.  According to google, I'm about to explode or something that doesn't end well.  :#

Fuck going to A&E, that's a pain in the arse.  I have an appt with the doc on Monday anyway.  Assuming I last until Monday.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Good ol' Doctor Google - I've never known him make anyone feel better!
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    Emp_Fab said:
    Oh dear.  I have discovered something that has me a bit worried.  I was feeling rather odd and very tired this afternoon, so took my BP, on my left arm as always.  Pretty low - 96/60-something.  I then did it again on my right arm... 121/76.

I have repeated the measurements several times and although the last one was a lot closer, my right arm is still significantly higher than my left.

I then did the daft thing of googling it.  

Well, it was nice knowing you all.  According to google, I'm about to explode or something that doesn't end well.  :#

Fuck going to A&E, that's a pain in the arse.  I have an appt with the doc on Monday anyway.  Assuming I last until Monday.
    Sorry Emp
     I thought your blood pressure was a bit on the low side when you posted a while back..
    keep us posted  <3
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24385
    Well, Doc was a little concerned about the BP differences and has referred me for an ultrasound of my aorta - mainly because mum died last year of an aortic aneurysm that ruptured.  I do hope I don't have one of those (an aneurysm, not an aorta...  I need my aorta !).

Who knows...  Time will tell.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7343
    seems this thread is becoming a potential lifesaver!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    183/98 last time and yes I'm on Meds, must be a little ball of stress these days, which tbh I am with a wife with Stage 4 Terminal Cancer, Ma in Law with a broken hip and my favourite Auntie popping it, I may spontaneously combust  ;)