Post your Blood Pressure readings

What's Hot

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited July 2017
    57Deluxe said:

BUT I did have two EE errors in a row the other day - that made me nervous!
    Not sure what that error message means on your monitor, maybe check with the manufacturer, but according to my cardio doctor it is normal to have a few hundred ectopic beats in the day.  If you have any doubt, please talk to your GP.  You only have one life, it is precious.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    I've been on blood pressure medication for a few years. It's usually somethng around 135/87, as measured in the GP's surgery on one of those fancy digital thingies, and the third reading is always the lowest.

However, on a recent visit to hospital to see a consultant my BP was taken on one of the old-fashioned machines and was 120/70. The doctor seemed to be less than impressed by the digital jobbies.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Which ties in nicely to what my nurse said to me at my last annual cardiac mot.  Anyone who has a meter at home, take it with you next time you go to the docs or nurse and compare the readings with their machine.  Theirs will be regularly calibrated, yours has probably never been since it left the factory.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    I have been experiencing typical angina symptoms this year  (which I thought at the time were indigestion). Went to see my doctor who asked "why have you waited so long to see me?" got me a rushed appointment with the consultant and I have an angiogram scheduled in a few weeks time.

At my pre-op yesterday my BP (second reading) was 139/89.  This after going totally vegan since my doctors appointment. In that time I have got my cholesterol down from 6 to 4.7 and lost 10lbs.  

Looking at major lifestyle changes. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    I'm 47 and a club cyclist, my resting heart rate is 58 and blood pressure 110 / 69
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Just checked mine. 54 yrs old 120/73 hr47. Lower than usual but I'll take that!
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    It was normal on my last couple of checks but had previously been high enough to take BP meds for it. I'm guessing my healthier lifestyle has helped.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    edited July 2017
    110/60. Resting pulse is 44. 
    Currently 6 months away from being 40. 

Stop op checking it so often. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
    Last reading at the docs was 117/79.   But until I started taking Ramipril and Amlodipine, it was 150/95..... Resting heart rate is 59.  Cholesterol was 5.8.... it's now 4.8 thanks to Benecol.

• DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 335
    I check mine every couple of days. yesterday was 128/80 with a heart rate of 63 bpm. I'm 61 and currently a fat bastard but generally in good health ...
    Resting pulse of 44!!!  Bloody hell....  That's uber fit levels!
    I've misplaced my sphygmomanometer so I can't tell you mine just yet.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I don't know mine. Just ordered one of those monitors that Oli linked. My resting heart rate is between 50 and 55 usually. Right now my fitbit is reporting 51. When I'm walking it goes up to 90ish, and when I'm running it ramps up to 140bpm and sometimes 160bpm.

My heart does all the genres!!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    And I get really nervous whenever I think about blood pressure. Don't know why, but I start thinking of death and irrepairable damage to my body, and I start regretting my entire life choices.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3127
    I had my prostrate exam and blood pressure checked recently, fortunately the Doc did the blood pressure befor the exam or god knows what my bp would have been! 

Don't know the readings but he said all ok
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • keithfkeithf Frets: 371
    174-130 at the mo
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5161
    keithf said:
    174-130 at the mo
    I'm not medically trained but that sounds a tad on the high side. I'd heard that 100 plus your age is what your max should be, resting max that is.. B)
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    edited July 2017
    keithf said:
    174-130 at the mo
    That's very high - you weren't tied to a railway line when the reading was taken, were you?
    That's very high indeed, particularly the diastolic reading (130).  I'm assuming your GP knows...