Fretboard Jam 2017 - Logistics

What's Hot

Comments

• Nikko said:
    Nikko said:

Hello!

If anyone who is going to the jam would be interested in having this...

...Hercules Acoustic stand, let me know and ill bring it along. Im not asking any money for it. I bought it about a year ago by mistake, and never got round to doing anything about it. Its brand new (I just don't have the box im afraid). Grab yourself a Freebie in Leicester...

...sounds rude.

Cheers

Nick

if I might be so bold, I could do with an acoustic stand. I'll buy you a pint! 

SOLD! Its yours ;)
    Cheers bud! I'll owe you a beverage of your choosing :) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    ChrisMusic said:

I would love to come along if possible, especially after recent events have given me a second chance !

Getting there might be a bit of an issue though, unless some kind soul from around this way is going, and could help me out with a car share.

Any chance of a lift ?  I live in Ludlow BTW, and don't take up too much space, honest !

If I can get there I am also very happy to help out in any way I can, so let me know if there is anything I can do.  I have lots of dusty and disparate skills, all a little rusty !
     The time is getting nearer, and I have just found out that my lift, courtesy of Monofin, is no longer available as he has had to pull out ~ HELP !!!

Is any kind soul able to give me a lift on the day please ?

The option of public transport is difficult from here to Leicester (multiple changes), and with the ever changing medication that I am on after my recent heart attack (don't be put off), I would probably end up in Edinburgh, or even Saint Petersburg, or somewhere more exotic !  So probably not advisable for a number of reasons.

Having had a second chance, I really want to be a part of this while I know I still can, if at all possible

Is anyone able to help me out please ?

• @Bridgehouse  as you may have noticed, I've changed my amp. I'd really like the opportunity to let the H&K off the leash so I'm more than happy for it to be used in the backline. It's very versatile too with the on board effects and patch saving alongside the 4 channels (Clean, Crunch and 2 Lead channels). 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    @Bridgehouse  as you may have noticed, I've changed my amp. I'd really like the opportunity to let the H&K off the leash so I'm more than happy for it to be used in the backline. It's very versatile too with the on board effects and patch saving alongside the 4 channels (Clean, Crunch and 2 Lead channels). 

Fill your boots mate.. no problem at all!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27638
    @Bridgehouse  as you may have noticed, I've changed my amp. I'd really like the opportunity to let the H&K off the leash so I'm more than happy for it to be used in the backline. It's very versatile too with the on board effects and patch saving alongside the 4 channels (Clean, Crunch and 2 Lead channels). 

Fill your boots mate.. no problem at all!
    Ear defenders.

Must remember ear defenders.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Wasn't in a position to offer lifts before, but I am now - driving from Cambridge.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Who is organising the videoing?  And do you want me to bring my 7D, tripod  and Rode stereo mic?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    hywelg said:
    Who is organising the videoing?  And do you want me to bring my 7D, tripod  and Rode stereo mic?
    I'm not sure videoing the performances is going to be helpful.
    Quite a few players are new and a bit nervous and giving them added pressure of a camera might make things more difficult.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11802
    edited August 2017
    octatonic said:
    hywelg said:
    I'm not sure videoing the performances is going to be helpful.
    Quite a few players are new and a bit nervous and giving them added pressure of a camera might make things more difficult.
    It came up before and I think it was decided any performer could veto videoing any specific performance.

Perhaps if we follow this rule we can get some videos for personal or in some cases future forum use while not upsetting anyone?

I'd personally like a video of some of the bits i'm on so I can assess it myself later (was it terrible or... really terrible lol) but I can certainly understand anyone who doesn't want to be video'd.

As mentioned earlier, good to show to wives as well, show we were legitimately off with a bunch of middle aged men not strippers etc.

The one thing we should be careful to the extreme about is re-posting them to the forum generally or worse still to Youtube without permission or against someone's wishes.  If I louse up my performance I do not want it turning into the next viral sensation "d**khead plays guitar" with a million comments on what a twat I am, which mysteriously go racist halfway through, even though I'm a mid-thirties white guy.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    The video thing was mostly for the amp shootout...
    I thought that the intention was to have some videos of the performances too?

Obvs, subject to those involved in a particular song giving it the OK.

We've done that before with no problems.  And it's arguably a bit more interesting than a video of a load of people sitting around twiddling knobs.
    ;)
    TTony said:
    I thought that the intention was to have some videos of the performances too?

Obvs, subject to those involved in a particular song giving it the OK.

We've done that before with no problems.  And it's arguably a bit more interesting than a video of a load of people sitting around twiddling knobs.
    ;)
    Yes, the main reason was the shootout, but if all performers were happy to be recorded for a particular song, then it would be recorded.
    Unless the shootout is going to be about 6hrs long (which would require a lot of knobs to be twiddled), I'm guessing that most of the video'ing could be in the performance room rather than the workshop / shootout / informal jam / general chaos room?
    TTony said:
    Unless the shootout is going to be about 6hrs long (which would require a lot of knobs to be twiddled), I'm guessing that most of the video'ing could be in the performance room rather than the workshop / shootout / informal jam / general chaos room?
    I suspect all of the videoing will be in the performance room (unless someone is making a selfie of some informal knob twiddling) ;)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11802
    TTony said:
    I suspect all of the videoing will be in the performance room (unless someone is making a selfie of some informal knob twiddling) ;)
    Keep that in the toilets ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2248
    @Bridgehouse I mentioned bring an amp for the backline. I'd like to bring my bad cat black cat combo (if I can lift it).

I'm thinking of building a pedalboard with multiple over drives (and a reverb) so if anyone wants to use that there's a number of options people can use to help changeover times.

Ok, just to confirm that this is the address:  78 Friday St, Leicester LE1 3BW

I'm going to arrive about 11am so I have enough time to set up.
    Will someone be there then?
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    octatonic said:
    Ok, just to confirm that this is the address:  78 Friday St, Leicester LE1 3BW

I'm going to arrive about 11am so I have enough time to set up.
    Will someone be there then?
    I'm not travelling too far so I can get there early to help out. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6896
    I'll be there by 11
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited August 2017
    Great- I'm coming up from Oxford so it will depend on traffic but I am leaving about half 9 so should be there between 11 and 11:15.