PRS x 2 value question ?

What's Hot
markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
edited October 2017 in Guitar
question x 2...

I have two PRS's that I ended up with after we closed down my Dad's music shop. I'll be the first to admit I HATE selling guitars - I like playing them, but I know sod all about them (cue people offing me a tenner to take them off my hands).

So two questions really what do you think they are worth? and If you were to trade in two guitars against one where would you head to? I know selling them privately might make me a couple more £ but if I could get a fair price and one guitar that I might actually use then I'd be happy. 

I've dropped a not to mark at guitars4you a note as people only say good things. But was just curious where else you might head for a fair trade in.

Whatever... show me the pics I hear you say. Here you go. Both are '06 guitars. Cheery is pretty much mint, blue has a swirl on the back, nothing too major and a rub in the finish on the lower horn, again nothing major. They are nice guitars, but just not my thing.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4675
    PRS Mate , just American pish, Tenner for both and i am doing you a favour :-) 

in all seriousness that blue one is super pretty 

Good luck 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    edited October 2017
    @mikeyrob73 that's why I love this place. As you're such a nice man, don't want to take the piss £8 for the pair and they're yours.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24851
    edited October 2017
    Mark @guitars4you is definitely your man - he knows PRS guitars inside out and regularly sells used ones.

And he’s super helpful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    markblack said:
    @mikeyrob73 that's why I love this place. As you're such a nice man, don't want to take the piss £8 for the pair and they're yours.
    That Include carriage ? PPG ok for you ? 
    @richardhomer I did think that. and as I said people only say nice things. Plus he has a vintage tele I like :) two out, one in... never ends.
    @mikeyrob73 I'll cover postage and the PayPal fees... don't see why you should be out of pocket. You've got the hassle of chopping them up for fire wood as well, so only seems fair.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    seems fair @markblack ;

you dont want those 'Merican guitars, not when you can have some nice Korean or Chinese ones. 

• +1 for Mark @guitars4you ;
    I had a couple of deals with Mark and he was very fair.

Mark can also take care of a commissioned sale for you. Trade one sell one? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 295
    It would be helpful if you could include some more pictures, including the guitar tags if you have them, as this may help in giving you an idea of value. They both look like good guitars. I've bought from @guitars4you, and have also found Mark a good guy to deal with. There has also previously been good feedback from Fretboard members on Coda Music. Good luck with the sales.
    @bacchanalian cheers for the recommendation - I'll see what he says. He might be like @mikeyrob73 and let me give him a tenner to take them off my hands. fingers crossed :)
    @markblack ;
    @guitars4you is certainly your man for this, if only to give you an honest valuation.

my £6 offer still stands though :-) 
    edited October 2017
    @CarpeDiem sorry, good idea thanks. 

tags FYI

also found this in an old post.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11472
    You will get better money on a commission sale than on a trade in.  Obviously, that can take a lot longer.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I like the look of the cherry one.

Be good to some better pics of the top.
    @DanR - I'll get some better pics up tonight. These were the few I had with me.
  • Nice custom 24s.

• sunshinewellysunshinewelly Frets: 731
    edited October 2017
    I own a couple. In good nick you should easily get £1500 each. Probably closer to £1650
  • PM'd
  • Pm'd
    @DanR couple of pics... Light was terrible need to try and get some in daylight tomorrow.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom