PRS x 2 value question ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I really like the cherry one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I would steer clear of trade ins - you'll get far less than private sales. 
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1599
    @DanR yea the cherry is the one I'd keep. I think it's nice and understated for a PRS. And the Zerbra's look great. It also plays really nicely I'm just not a PRS guy... if I was i'd be laughing!
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 297
    The blue one should fetch a higher price in theory as it has Artist Pack upgrades.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    So after a bit of research, looking at prices do you think I'd be fare looking for as a private sale?

£1450 for the Cherry Red & £1750 for the Blue Artist?

Cheers for all the help.
  • sounds about right 
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    They do sound right however,  if you get those prices in this saturated market is another thing.... You have alot of competition  
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Think the prices quoted are high. I wouldn’t pay more than £1300 for a used Custom 24 no matter how mint it is - in fact I sold a mint 2016 one for £1300 and that took a while..... 

the Artist is harder to value but I would say about £1500. In honesty it may be less for both to get a definite sale in a decent amount of time. 

Id speak to John at Peach Guitars about a swap. They do really good trade in prices IMO 
    @Strangefan agree. I was offered trade value of around £2200 -so I might still go that way. Less hassle.

@Adamski - those prices include haggle room :) I'll have a chat to Peach. Been talking to a couple of places. I'd love to do a two for one trade and get something nice (not that PRS's aren't :) just not my thing.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    There's always the advantage of no trades and getting money off the new one.

There's been a lovely Artist on here with a quilt top for a long time at £1500.

It's one reason I've stopped with PRS nowadays.