Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited May 2016
    Need some opinions....which configuration would people go with? As I am unsure - I think the top gives me more flexibility but interested to hear which one you would go for?

Signal chain (top one)

Wah - tuner - archer - (into QMX) ts mini - gunshot - Tim - TC flanger - lp trem - el cap

Signal chain (bottom one)

Wah - tuner - archer - (into QMX) Charlie Brown - Tim - TC flanger - lp trem - ep booster - el cap
    @velvetsky01 -  

Without knowing exactly what one is trying to achieve, it's hard to advise, but I think one would need to address the following in their mind:

Are the Gunshot and the JHS Charlie Brown sufficiently similar that you could only ever want one of them on your board?

In the first configuration, do the Tim, Archer klon, TS and Gunshot collectively cover too much similar ground?  Would two of the Tim, klon and TS suffice?

Do you like both the Tim and the Klon enough that both are mandatory for you?   Do you prefer the klon or the Tim for transparent overdrive territory?   How do you use your Tim?

How much do you like the EP booster?    Do you need the klon, Tim and the EP?  

Of all those dirt pedals, I think I'd want to include the Thorpy Gunshot the most, so I think I'd want to include that somehow.

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • velvetsky01velvetsky01 Frets: 71
    edited May 2016
    Hmm got me thinking now lol

The archer is their for a clean boost and buffer
    The Tim is all drives so is used for boosting everything and does a grand job

The gunshot and charile brown are doing the same job so it's one or the other I think.

When you say the archer Tim gunshot and ts are covering similar ground? I would disagree ( well not how I am using them) the archer is a clean boost and buffer going into the gunshot - the ts is for a bit more grit into the gunshot the gunshot is acting like my drive channel of an amp (great Marshall tones) but has more dynamics than the charile brown I think thanks
    To the calbre control. And the Tim is boosting that as well as with the boost engaged can act as a mild od

The ep booster I love and have run it in vintage mode with the el cap much like that pedal show did with the time line.

But I do have too many drives I have a whole seperate board full of them lol see below of which I need to sell some bits as I don't need them all

Can you see anything worth swapping onto the main board @ro_s?
    Here is my Trader Feedback Page - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62051/
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2016
     @velvetsky01 -  

I'll get back to you.

But first, what is the gold pedal?  I don't recognise it.  
    And, do you find that the Angry Charlie is too heavy a distortion for your taste/purposes?

It sounds that you prefer the Gunshot to the Charlie Brown, so that seems like a decision made.   Exclude the latter.

Re: what I said about the Tim, Archer klon, TS and Gunshot arguably collectively cover too much similar ground.  I was talking mostly in a general context.  I mean, personally speaking, I can't imagine having that many overdrive type pedals and no fuzz!   But, also, could one not one of Tim, Archer klon, TS be sacrificed to make way for the EP booster?
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• BGGBGG Frets: 689
    My new pedalboard lol 

#thebatesmotelband
    @ro_s yes i would like a fuzz and am on the look out for one so maybe that might be a port of call

the  gold pedal is the Lovepedal High Powered Tweed - its very nice
    no the Charile brown isnt too heavy infact would argue that the gunshot has more gain 

Here is my Trader Feedback Page - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62051/
    @ro_s yes i would like a fuzz and am on the look out for one so maybe that might be a port of call

the  gold pedal is the Lovepedal High Powered Tweed - its very nice
    no the Charile brown isnt too heavy infact would argue that the gunshot has more gain 

@velvetsky01 - 

I think your optimum board would be to have the configuration as shown in the first photo you showed but with one change:  exclude the TS mini and add the EP booster.  Or, add the EP booster instead at the expense of the flanger.  
    (I'm not keen on flange. ;p  If I had to pick one modulation effect, flanger would be my last choice.)

What sort of amp are you using?

p.s.  @velvetsky01

yes i would like a fuzz and am on the look out for one so maybe that might be a port of call

I can probably fix you up with a fuzz, if you're interested.

I have a number of fuzzes available at present.  Please see the threads linked in my signature.

I'm also about to do a special promotion for Fretboard members re: a brand new Sharptone Mojo Fuzz (a boutique silicon Fuzz Face, point-to-point hand-wired on tag board).

:p

well the good thing about a flanger is that you can get a chorus and get a sort of rotary sound from it too which is why i like that one 

ok il give that a go take the TS out and pop the ep on 

I am using a Victory V40
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I'm getting there! I just need to:
    • Cut the extrusions and rivet them around the edge
    • Add the rubber feet underneath
    • Make custom power cables so they aren't so bunched
    However, it sounds soooo good!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    edited May 2016
    ^tidy JoJo
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited May 2016
    With me having to sell my Timeline and my H9, this is where I am at the moment. Enough shop vouchers for a delay and a reverb that will fit in that space at the end...or if they won't, back on the old Diago board they go.

https://imgur.com/a/pdOLr
  • TeeByrdTeeByrd Frets: 159
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2016
    TeeByrd said:
    Just finished making another solid hardwood pedalboard!
    very nice!!

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    TeeByrd;1089256" said:
    That looks impressive. Got any closer pictures? Cool Super Bee
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Looks great :-)
    @Lew @dindude thanks fellas!
    @TeeByrd -
    Are the pedals sat on the wood, or are they fixed in some way?

Ro_S said:
    @TeeByrd -
    Are the pedals sat on the wood, or are they fixed in some way?

Just sat on the wood at the moment. This one is gonna live in my mancave so still debating whether to put Velcro on.