Wampler Pantheon.

What's Hot
TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
https://youtu.be/sYJJzSXApE4

I like it. It seems to have a lot going on for it and simple to use.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sounds great on The Peach demo vs KOT. i like it

• Sounds great on The Peach demo vs KOT. i like it
    Cheers. I like it. Brian Wampler just added a comment on the YT video explaining the differences in the circuits. It doesn't sound exactly the same but it get's close, plus it can do a lot more. They're both ace though - the beauty is the Pantheon will be readily available.
  • For anyone that cares. Brian wrote this in response to a comment on our video, when someone was asking about the similarities between this and the KOT

"It's very easy to look up the schematics for both. KOT has a different values in the first opamp that gives it a bit more highs, the diodes are a little different which makes it clip differently and compress in a different manner and the presence control is "fixed" in a bluesbreaker schematic instead of being variable. The two are quite similar from a topology point of view, therefore how can one not compare it to both since they the two circuits are indeed so similar? "
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3311
    Any idea on price, John?
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    @peachguitars that's a good video. I had a KoT for 2 years and tried it in all ways and I only liked it as a boost. I could never get a great sound out of it stacked in to each other. I found I was only keeping it for its status and let it go. 
    The Pantheon just has more of everything. It seems to do the boost well but, to me, sounds much better when its overdriven than the KoT does.
    I really did persevere with the KoT but when you realise you never use it then it has to go.
    Just my take, I know others love it.
  • agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    I don't know if it's just my ears, but I'm also hearing a bit of a Timmy vibe going on as well...and that can only be a good thing in my book!
    edited September 2018
    Thanks as it wasn't showing before.

Very nice pedal and just bought a Fulltone Fulldrive, which I can also hear elements of in the Pantheon but the Wampler seems more versatile and has something else going on :)

I get a feeling this one will do well
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Personally from the few minutes I heard, I think the Pantheon sounds better than the KOT. Couldn't last or dedicate 29 minutes for an OD comparison though. I think this sort thing can be done far better in 10-15 mins max.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Not surprised that Wampler has done this. After the Tumnus, I think he’s latched onto the fact that people want these mythical pedals, but for a reasonable price and more importantly, NOW.

The whole farce of the KOT waiting list could only retain its allure for so long before someone else with some business sense waded in.
    Yep. Before the KOTs, or running concurrently, it was the waiting list for the Zendrives.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    As I put in another thread about the KoT; the Pantheon sounds great in its own right. Very dynamic sounds, powerful EQ and a ton of gain. I would buy one. but...

... to me, it has little in common with the KoT, other than that they're both ODs / distortions.

I don't like to cry "marketing gimmick!", but it seems to me Wampler are perhaps making an association with a well known classic, expensive, long-waiting-list pedal, in the hope of nabbing a few customers who believe it when they're told "they sound the same".

I concur with @TA22GT in that the Pantheon has "more of everything", but that's not what the KoT is about. The KoT has its own special thing going on in the lower gain sphere. Trying to make it a full-on distortion pedal misses the point.

The Pantheon sounds great in its own right. But like a decent but utterly different remake of a classic movie, it would be better singing its own praises as a new product, rather than trying to ride the coat-tails of a classic.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4842
    edited September 2018
    Surely it should be compared to the Prince of Tone which is one side of the KOT, the Patheon only has the one footswitch after all? The Prince of Tone is readily available with no wait list and cheaper than the Pantheon too. (I'll caveat that with the fact there are no UK dealers I believe)

No shell in the game, just wondered why it's being compared to the KOT when surely you'd need 2 Pantheons to do the same thing? It sounds great, but then so do the analogman pedals, I suppose it depends on your setup and playing style.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • In the Bret Kingman video, he doesn’t mention the KOT at all, but instead says it’s Wampler’s take on the original Marshall Bluesbreaker (I know this is what the KOT is at heart, too)  
  • TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    tFB Trader
    The Peach video just made me want to order another KOT. Which probably wasn't the desired effect. 
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
  • Stu_tate said:
    The Peach video just made me want to order another KOT. Which probably wasn't the desired effect. 
    Ha ha, each to their own. We've sold 35 since the video was released, so it's done something at least
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    tFB Trader
    Stu_tate said:
    Ha ha, each to their own. We've sold 35 since the video was released, so it's done something at least
    I'm sure its good I love the Tumnus, but I love the darkness of the KOT it just works for me. 
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
  • Stu_tate said:
    Stu_tate said:
    I'm sure its good I love the Tumnus, but I love the darkness of the KOT it just works for me. 
    Cool! There's room for everyone
  • I'll let you know what I think when mine arrives :)